Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

But considering the forum would be non existent right now if it weren't for these stupid rumors I'll take what I can get.

That's not true. You're a goldmine of time-wasting nonsense that's at least slightly more entertaining than rumors about the Magic looking into signing or trading for the entire rosters of both all-star teams.

And I mean that in the nicest way possible. icon_smile.gif

I'm serious about Friday, guys.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
what a downer...

is this a pun?

Didn't even think of that - though I should've...

No, it was one of the most depressing movies I've seen in a loooong time.

And this whole Chris Paul thing is contingent upon one thing: Shinn being cheap and wanting to cut salary, even with new ownership coming in.

I honestly think it would have to be a 3-team deal, because odds are they'd want to build around Collison, Thornton, and Julian Wright. They wouldn't want Jameer, and we would seem unlikely to keep Jameer to be Chris Paul's back-up. Okafor or West are desirable to other teams, as well.

Realistically, our best chance is that NOLA is looking at how OKC built and wants to mimic that. Gortat and Bass would fit into that (especially considering Bass is a local guy).

YEEESSS best news in a long *** time.

Not saying it'll happen but thatd be great. And ppl need to stop overrating Nelson.

This guys is pretty spot on. Nelson is just a good shooter/scorer, he lacks in everything else. It's time for Magic to move on and try to get a upper level PG. We NEED someone who can make PASSES and make passes that arent only set up by plays, one who sees cuts, sees Howard, Carter, Lewis or whomever.

I dont really like Paul but you cant pass that up. But if we do, say hi to another long adjustment and crazy amounts of panic on forum.

But then again like Jareth said, you should only expect some minor tweaks. Our team WAS CAPABLE OF A CHAMPIONSHIP. Fully capable this year. We just did not pull through like we SHOULD have. Therefore I dont see why some minor tweaks wouldnt do the job. Paul would just make us better tho. Not to mention Boston will once again be even older, who knows what will happen with Cleveland/Lebron.

Scary thing is that there may be a new eastern power made this year.

quote:

Work goes by alot slower without this thing.

You mean "a lot".

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

so trying to be realistic here, what about Paul's BYC status? and I mean, how does a team squeek away with Paul without being horse collared into taking Peja or Okafor or at the very least Mo Pete/Posey?

You know were gonna have to take a bad contract back. Hopefully its Posey or Okafor.

Wonder what Okafor would be thinking playing with Dwight after of years of abuse.

quote:

I fully expect us to go into next season with the same roster with a tweak here and there (rookie SF and a new backup PG).

I agree. I do think we'll be major player toward the trading deadline, though. There will be some teams looking to clear cap space, and will be interesting in Carter's expiring contract. Hopefully the Pacers are one of those teams, and will be interesting in dealing Granger at that time. Granger would be a good Robin for Dwight.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

I fully expect us to go into next season with the same roster with a tweak here and there (rookie SF and a new backup PG).

I agree. I do think we'll be major player toward the trading deadline. There will be some teams looking to clear cap space, and will be interesting in Carter's expiring contract. Hopefully the Pacers are one of those teams, and will be interesting in dealing Granger at that time.

We'll have to be 5 games over .500 for Otis to consider doing some drastic at the deadline IMO. If he doesn't want a major tweak now, he's not going to want one if we are rolling in the season.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

Work goes by alot slower without this thing.

You mean "a lot".

I'm pregnant...

How pregnant?