Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDelight:

quote:
Originally posted by Magicman28:

I hate to break it to yall but we aren't getting Paul.

Monday they'll have their meeting and Paul will decide to stick around.

? Why

1. Karma is never on our side when it comes to things like this.

2 and Mainly. I think with Monty in place and now a new GM they will convince Paul that they will work harder then previous management to get Paul a better team to play with. Paul loves NO and he'll agree to it. Hes got 2 more years and I'm sure he'll give them those 2 to work on improving.

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

Realgm is reporting Knicks will trade anyone but Amare for Paul...Lol.

Orlando' bottom 5 are better than any player the Knicks could offer. Why don't they just offer a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts a box of nilla wafers and a corn dog for Paul. Seriously they have nothing to offer except the lottery pick they will have after this season is over. Even the Nets could offer more than Knicks.

I'd personally take Gallo over ANYONE on our bench. He's their only attractive piece to dangle in trades. Baller-in-the-making.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:

Orlando' bottom 5 are better than any player the Knicks could offer. Why don't they just offer a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts a box of nilla wafers and a corn dog for Paul. Seriously they have nothing to offer except the lottery pick they will have after this season is over. Even the Nets could offer more than Knicks.

I'd personally take Gallo over ANYONE on our bench. He's their only attractive piece to dangle in trades. Baller-in-the-making.

I don't see the Knicks giving up Gallo. Not even for CP3. Even with him and Amare, they'll be lucky to make the playoffs.

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:

I don't see the Knicks giving up Gallo. Not even for CP3. Even with him and Amare, they'll be lucky to make the playoffs.

Knicks already said they would trade anyone but Amare.

quote:

Even still it's a bad trade for both teams. NY gets slightly better, maybe makes the playoffs and has to hope that Melo takes a huge paycut, which he shouldn't have to do because he's better than CP3 & Amare.

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

What does it matter if this thread is here or not?

Seriously, it's not like you can't just NOT click on it. I'm convinced that people wanna close it for no other reason than to cope with the reality that Paul likely won't be on the Magic.

That being said, it's still ridiculous.

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

quote:

Even still it's a bad trade for both teams. NY gets slightly better, maybe makes the playoffs and has to hope that Melo takes a huge paycut, which he shouldn't have to do because he's better than CP3 & Amare.

Players taking a paycut seems to be the norm. After what went down in Miami you don't believe Melo would do the same?

The issue with trading with the Knicks is that they don't have enough big salary guys to make a big trade. You know NOLA wants to shed some of those big contracts and NY can't do it with out sending like 5 guys and then that only gets them 2 players. Outiside of Curry's 11mil expiring, there isn't much else of any size.

Im not just saying this because Im Want CP3 here, but If CP3 were to go to the Knicks, then I feel personally he would be makeing a a huge career mistake.

The Knicks even with CP3 are still in rebuild mode and are looking to just bring in ticket sales. They don't have the talent/Bench/coach, and most of all experience yet. Their a good 3-4 years away from doing damage.

As for Orlando, well, every single person knows what it takes. Experience is the key. If CP3 was to come here, then we're Ring bound.

quote:
Originally posted by Chase:

Im not just saying this because Im Want CP3 here, but If CP3 were to go to the Knicks, then I feel personally he would be makeing a a huge career mistake.

The Knicks even with CP3 are still in rebuild mode and are looking to just bring in ticket sales. They don't have the talent/Bench/coach, and most of all experience yet. Their a good 3-4 years away from doing damage.

As for Orlando, well, every single person knows what it takes. Experience is the key. If CP3 was to come here, then were Ring bound.

Its far fetched but with Paul and Amare, you only needs serviceable players to stay competitive and with Melo still not signed to that extension, he could very well join them which would make them dangerous.

I don't like D'Antonio's style but he has enough experience.

I do think Paul would be better off at the present here in Orlando but Paul might be thinking the same thing that Lebron did 2 years ago.