Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by Magic2385:

I'd much rather see Otis be proactive instead of reactive. If he has an idea on how to make the team better just go ahead and do it, no need to wait and see if LBJ ends up with Wade, Bosh, etc. IMO.

Exactly what I've been saying. If the hold up is really seeing where other pieces fall, its a mistake. If we think Paul makes us better suited to compete with "super teams," then why not just go get him? If the super teams happen, then we're ready to compete. If not, then we have an upper hand.

On top of that, you may have teams that miss out on these big free agents say - "well, that didn't work...lets see if we can get Chris Paul."

Really - I don't believe that this is the hold up. Sounds like crap to me.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

As of now, from what I've heard (haven't received any e-mails the past couple days) negotiations are ongoing, but NOLA isn't exactly being accommodatin- my guess is they know how much of a blow it would be to lose him and are trying to find a better way. However, they are still talking, so they must not be set in their mind.

Welcome Back Rev,

Do u know if Otis is pursuing Boozer in a S-N-T? Surely he wouldn't have all his eggs in 1 basket if he knows Nola His Teetering on whether to deal or Not to Deal? What else is going on that you know of?

Once Again,

Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

Exactly what I've been saying. If the hold up is really seeing where other pieces fall, its a mistake. If we think Paul makes us better suited to compete with "super teams," then why not just go get him? If the super teams happen, then we're ready to compete. If not, then we have an upper hand.

For arguments' sake, I'll bite.

If you're Otis, pulling the trigger this early would make no sense. Your reasoning behind getting Paul isn't very sound. The probability of the "Super Team" coming to fruition as it stands, is very low. Acquiring Paul before either of them make that decision significantly raises the chance of them coming together.

Not that any of this is probable, but if I were Otis, I would take my chances with our current lineup against a team with a 1A and 1B star, than CP3/Dwight against a team with three 1A's.

There is no rush whatsoever to make a big trade right now.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

If you're Otis, pulling the trigger this early would make no sense. Your reasoning behind getting Paul isn't very sound. The probability of the "Super Team" coming to fruition as it stands, is very low. Acquiring Paul before either of them make that decision significantly raises the chance of them coming together.

Not that any of this is probable, but if I were Otis, I would take my chances with our current lineup against a team with a 1A and 1B star, than CP3/Dwight against a team with three 1A's.

Close, but take another bite...

Teaming Paul with Dwight is a win regardless of what else is going on. Yes, Jameer is a good fit on this team, but Paul is one of, if not the, best pg in the league. You add him if it's possible.

Now, as for timing, I agree that adding him too early might give extra incentive for a Wade/LeBron/Bosh pairing in Miami (really the only place this could realistically happen). Much smarter to not finalize the deal until those three have made their moves.

quote:

quote:

Good point

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

Close, but take another bite...Spot on, chap!

Teaming Paul with Dwight is a win regardless of what else is going on. Yes, Jameer is a good fit on this team, but Paul is one of, if not the, best pg in the league. You add him if it's possible.

Now, as for timing, I agree that adding him too early might give extra incentive for a Wade/LeBron/Bosh pairing in Miami (really the only place this could realistically happen). Much smarter to not finalize the deal until those three have made their moves.

Fixed. You agreed with everything I said, echo.

quote:

Understood. I've actually thought about the "timing" point myself. However, if New Orleans has OK'd this deal (which, I doubt they have), don't you run the risk of them a) changing their mind or B) saying screw it and taking another/better deal? Do we believe Otis has been told that Chris Paul is his...and he's sitting on it waiting to see what other GMs are doing? I'm not sure I do.

The TPE expires on 9th July and if the situation from James & Co. are still not concluded, Otis can use it to sign Watson and use the MLE to Posey if needed.

I also think that We can throw Emeka in at least four different places, to solve the problem with the SG position.

Detroit: Kwane Brown? c'mon... they need a center, so we could get Rip or who knows Ben...

Philadelphia: They trade Dalembert for Spencer Haywes and Jason Kapono (SF). Evan Turner (SG) should be at the starting line , what will put Iguodala to play as a SF. They still have Thaddeus Young... Maybe is not that crazy trade a good center (that they don't have) for A.I (not he answer)

Dallas: They want Gortat and they think that Terry and Butler will not come back, to make a better team for Dirk. If Utah accepts Oka, we could get one of then either.

Knicks: If they get Amar'e and Tony Parker (NBA rumours) they will need a center. We could arrange a trade to get Al Harrington. One of the best bench players in the League to strech the floor and shoot the 3's.

I think Otis is waiting to see what happens, superteam or just where the big free agents go. But I honestly doubt he has CP3 "locked" if he wants him. NO wouldn't keep him dangling there as a trophy or something just for Otis to grab him if he needs him. I just don't see NO helping Otis and the Magic that way. But, since they aren't conference or either division rivals, who knows.

It should be "take it or leave it" for a player like CP3 in my opinion.

And for the last week or so, I haven't seen or heard anything that suggests CP3 is on his way out of NO, other than the "I love New Orleans but I want to win now" comment. But it doesn't say "I'm leaving" though we OMMB geeks interpret it as so maybe.

Maybe Otis and NO's GM are being sneaky. Maybe they HAVE agreed on a deal that won't be made public until sometime later, to try to not spook the big bafoons into joining forces on some superteam like Miami, although the blow would be tougher for the Magic than the Hornets.

Do I believe Otis has secured CP3? No. I won't believe a thing until it's made official or some big-arse rumors are starting to float like battleships around the web.