Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

Why is it that someone cannot point out jameer's faults or mention who is better AND yet still be a fan of his? It seems there is no middle ground allowed here. I have given Jameer praise as much as anyone. But because I also mention players that are either obviously better than him to the non-magic fan...or other players that will probably be better down the road, I am suddenly a lost cause? Is this the kind of collective mentality we want to be associated with here? Are the Jareth's and lewisftw's really in that much control here where everyone else starts thinking like them?

If you could point out one, measly aspect of the game in which Jennings outplays Jameer, perhaps we'd listen, but instead what we manage to get is, "hee shots lower field goal, but hes only a wookie and HAZ leadershipz!"

If you fail to meet this modest proposal, then I suppose you're just another troll.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

Actually, I said that Jennings outperformed Jameer in every statistical category except fg%(not 3pt% though).

To which I corrected you on what is, to date, one of the most false, idiotic statements ever typed on this forum. Jennings did nothing, I repeat, NOTHING better than Jameer last season.

Except points, rebounds, assists, steals, games played, blocks..etc. You know, the meaningless categories...Insert facepalm reference here...

You know, on a second look...Your right, Jameer shot 84% from the FT line, and Jennings shot a horrible 81%. I retract my whole statement about Jennings having better potential based on that fact alone. Jameerz iz teh best eva TITY! Forget that Jennings is 19 years old and Jameer's odds of having a season threatening injury are high. Also forget that Jameer plays with the best big in the game-that doesnt inflate his stats AT ALL!

Really, I expected more from you TITY. Once again, I like Jameer as a player. I wont let that cloud my judgement about other players though.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

Second, for such an ugly shot, I will take 47% fgs from a rook.

Believe me, so would Jennings. You know he shot 37%, right?

You know you took a comment regarding Collison and applied it to a completely different player, right?

And so we begin!

quote:

Except points, rebounds, assists, steals, games played, blocks..etc. You know, the meaningless categories...Insert facepalm reference here...

Believe me, there isn't a facepalm in the world that could accurately depict my feelings towards your argument, but let's move on...

Jennings averaged 2.9 more points than Jameer while shooting horrendously. Not decent, not acceptable, but borderline detrimental to his team. 37% is terrible no matter which way you look at it, rookie or not, that is flat-out awful. He averaged 0.6 more rebounds while playing nearly four more minutes per game, so Jameer actually had a greater rebounding rate than him. The same goes for his assists, he averaged 0.3 more assists while playing more minutes and demonstrating a far higher usage rate. Steals and blocks are never factored into gauging PG play. The fact that Jennings/Nelson racked up such a minuscule number of blocks makes that factor practically invisible. Steals (especially from a PG position) often imply that the defender gambles too frequently, so I'll let you determine that one however you'd like.

quote:
You know, on a second look...Your right, Jameer shot 84% from the FT line, and Jennings shot a horrible 81%

I don't even know where this came from. I made no mention whatsover of freethrow shooting %, but given that you've chosen to highlight blocks/steals as strong indicators of overall PG play, then I guess I'll use FT%, too! 84% to 81%! Wow, it's more of a landslide than I thought!

quote:
I retract my whole statement about Jennings having better potential based on that fact alone. Jameerz iz teh best eva TITY! Forget that Jennings is 19 years old and Jameer's odds of having a season threatening injury are high. Also forget that Jameer plays with the best big in the game-that doesnt inflate his stats AT ALL!

There's the problem. No one has stated that Jennnings cannot become a better player. We've been arguing that Jennings did not, in any way, shape or form outplay Jameer last season, and once again, that's hardly debatable. And you throw Dwight in there as a reason to dismiss Jameer's stats? Did you conveniently forget that Bogut had a tremendous season in his own right, and carries skills that cater greatly to pick and roll play, where Jennnings acquired the majority of his assists? Did I mention he can also pick and pop for jumpers, giving him another assisting option?

quote:
Really, I expected more from you TITY. Once again, I like Jameer as a player. I wont let that cloud my judgement about other players though.

Really, I expected nothing more from you, murphy, and that's what makes this recurring discussion all the more depressing.

Wow...look at this thread explosion. It's like we're inquiring about Chris Paul or something

**** IT I'VE BEEN CONFUSING CHRIS PAUL WITH JRUE HOLIDAY THIS WHOLE TIME... SO DISAPPOINTED, ****.

Howard

Paul

Garrity

Sasser

The ghost of Brian Williams

The team looks good enough to go the distance....Im seeing a 60 win season.

I think the Lakers will be able to get Paul for some 13th man on their club...and a pat on the back for david stern.

Ill say it again...cant make a good entry pass. Barkley and Kenny Smith even called him on it. When Dwight posts and opens up the ball should be there. He waits and dwight backs in and Jameer throws his entry and it gets slapped away. There is lots of examples to choose from this year.