Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

I didn't change what the e-mail said TECHNICALLY. I said "someone like Boozer".

But yes, it was said that IF NOLA would accept Pietrus (a younger Posey on a better contract) and Vince (an expiring that still has star power to keep butts in the seats), Bosh would have to think looong and hard about where he wants to go then. He could force Toronto's hand and we could offer them the pretty package of Meer, Gortat, and Bass.

Or something like that.

CP3/Jwill

JJ/Rookie or FA

Rashard/Posey

Bosh/Ryan

Dwight/Vet FA

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Otis has been extremely high on and targeting Paul for the whole year. This comes from a VERY good inside source. I don't know if the interest is current, but I imagine it is.

Unfortunately, I don't see us offering a better package than NJ (Harris + #3). If somehow we were able land Paul without giving up Jameer, the obvious place to trade Jameer is to Philly for Iggy. Frankly, I don't see Paul being traded, let alone us acquiring him if he is.

If they are getting rid of Paul, it wouldn't be to acquire talent, it would be to shed cash. Picking up Harris and the #3 pick doesn't really accomplish that. Picking up an expiring contract in Vince while shedding themsleves of Paul and West/Posey is a significant savings for them. I would have to think that would be what they are going for if they are gettin rid of Paul. Either that, or they want to go with Collison and turn Paul into another all-star at a different position. In which case, Harris doesn't help them their either.

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

We could use a superstar; Cris Paul or Bash... Give me a player please. One that will show up when it matters the most-- Deep in the playoffs.

The time is now.

I want them as much as you do, prolly more. But since when have Paul or Bash.. shown up deep in the playoffs?

I get VC, Howard (not in ECF much), Pietrus, and pretty much everyone choked at some point in the playoffs.

But theyve all had better playoff histories than Bosh and Paul. Howard and friends have been to the finals. VC has carried his poop teams into the playoffs. Pietrus never loses his confidence (even tho he sucked).

jus sayin.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

But yes, it was said that IF NOLA would accept Pietrus (a younger Posey on a better contract) and Vince (an expiring that still has star power to keep butts in the seats), Bosh would have to think looong and hard about where he wants to go then. He could force Toronto's hand and we could offer them the pretty package of Meer, Gortat, and Bass.

Or something like that.

CP3/Jwill

JJ/Rookie or FA

Rashard/Posey

Bosh/Ryan

Dwight/Vet FA

I would like to resign Barnes in that scenario so Shard can switch to pf behind Bosh in situations

quote:

Or something like that.

CP3/Jwill

JJ/Rookie or FA

Rashard/Posey

Bosh/Ryan

Dwight/Vet FA

smile_svgsad.pngsmile_svgsad.pngsmile_svgsad.png

quote:

Or something like that.

CP3/Jwill

JJ/Rookie or FA

Rashard/Posey

Bosh/Ryan

Dwight/Vet FA

It's lineup projections like that that make offseasons intriguing, and the end of free agency an inevitable disappointment. Either way, I'd much rather fantasize about Paul and Bosh than Luol Deng.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

lol @ "Bash". Is that how Boston pronounces his name?

They would say it "Bawrsh". You're on a roll of dumb.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Otis has been extremely high on and targeting Paul for the whole year. This comes from a VERY good inside source. I don't know if the interest is current, but I imagine it is.

Unfortunately, I don't see us offering a better package than NJ (Harris + #3). If somehow we were able land Paul without giving up Jameer, the obvious place to trade Jameer is to Philly for Iggy. Frankly, I don't see Paul being traded, let alone us acquiring him if he is.

If they are getting rid of Paul, it wouldn't be to acquire talent, it would be to shed cash. Picking up Harris and the #3 pick doesn't really accomplish that. Picking up an expiring contract in Vince while shedding themsleves of Paul and West/Posey is a significant savings for them. I would have to think that would be what they are going for if they are gettin rid of Paul. Either that, or they want to go with Collison and turn Paul into another all-star at a different position. In which case, Harris doesn't help them their either.

I disagree. I think the Hornets will want some type of talent back and cap relief for Paul. You don't trade a young, superstar player without getting any talent back for him.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

lol @ "Bash". Is that how Boston pronounces his name?

They would say it "Bawrsh". You're on a roll of dumb.

No, you're thinking midwest. Like the people who say "Warshington".