Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

I feel any rumored talks with WASH are just to pressure NO into giving up Paul. I don't think Otis is dumb enough to take on that contract with one of our biggest trade pieces when the Wiz are on the verge of buying him out.

^^^Agree. First it was Hinrich, Foye and Thorton and now its Arenas.

Maybe its Plan B if we don't get Paul. Otis and Gilbert are close but I still say its a smokescreen to get Paul.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

I feel any rumored talks with WASH are just to pressure NO into giving up Paul. I don't think Otis is dumb enough to take on that contract with one of our biggest trade pieces when the Wiz are on the verge of buying him out.

Doubt it. Some of you act as if the Hornets NEED to move Paul or something. You really think rumors of us making horrible trades with the Wizards is going to make the Hornets desperate to move their star player?

^i dunno, the two things that have to be really good looking are the tpe and the fat vc expiring. if you lose one of those, i think its over.

I think a rumor of player for player is more believable than us considering to throw our tpe at some random player AND keep vince's fat contract...if indeed this is a smokescreen due to the hornets almost biting but hesitant on some small piece

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

Doubt it. Some of you act as if the Hornets NEED to move Paul or something. You really think rumors of us making horrible trades with the Wizards is going to make the Hornets desperate to move their star player?

not desperate to move their star player but desperate to move that contract that belongs to Emeka.

Say... if this Washington talks are indeed taking place, if they are a likely taker of Okafor's contract in a trade for Arenas?

How about...

Magic receive:

Chris Paul

Gilbert Arenas

James Posey

Hornets receive:

Vince Carter

Jameer Nelson

Wizards receive:

Emeka Okafor

I don't know how that works out monkeywise and I can't think straight because of a huge headache.. but... maybe?

If the Hornets were to dump Paul, Okafor, and whoever else, what kind of cap space are they going to have and are they going to be able to go after the big FAs by enticing them to pair up w/David West, an allstar PF, and Darren Collinson, a very talented PG w/a high ceiling? Could that be NO's game plan at all, or are they just screwed financially and don't care about winning?

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

Say... if this Washington talks are indeed taking place, if they are a likely taker of Okafor's contract in a trade for Arenas?

How about...

Magic receive:

Chris Paul

Gilbert Arenas

James Posey

Hornets receive:

Vince Carter

Jameer Nelson

Wizards receive:

Emeka Okafor

I don't know how that works out monkeywise and I can't think straight because of a huge headache.. but... maybe?

funny-pictures-hitman-monkey-drowns-boy.jpg