Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

Day 3....

You think something might happen today?

We all really have way too much time on our hands, but as someone said in another thread, Off-season goes by quicker with the trade rumours.

Chris Paul would be great, doubt it will happen though. Dont understand why people would trade half the team in order to do so.

Im with Otis when i say i like this team, sure Vince has been sub par, but it was always gonna be hit or miss, we gambled an it didnt pay off.

Jameer despite not being pass first, is a great point guard, he fits the system and is the key to team morale, lets just keep him and get a decent back up, prob from GSW. We've got two decent rookies just came in, and i see us getting another PF, using Gortat. I dont see many 'big' changes happenin, the PF spot might surprise but thats about it. I would like to be proved wrong though.

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

Day 3....

You think something might happen today?

in MY opinion, if something doesn't get done today, nothing will happen. When has a rumored-Otis Smith trade ever happened after a few days of speculation?

However, there's a first for everything.

I would just wait til July 1 before we call for anyones head. NOLA drafted a guy that we worked out but he was acquired via trade which needs to be finalized. We drafted a C that NOLA worked out. Rev said the deal was done and that we we're looking for someone to take on Ok4's contract. However, if they couldn't find a 3rd team we were going to eat it anyways. My guess is that Otis will use the next week leading up to July 1 to try and secure a 3rd team and if he doesn't find one, the deal will be completed on the first day it "officially" can.

quote:
Originally posted by ucfknights22:

I would just wait til July 1 before we call for anyones head. NOLA drafted a guy that we worked out but he was acquired via trade which needs to be finalized. We drafted a C that NOLA worked out. Rev said the deal was done and that we we're looking for someone to take on Ok4's contract. However, if they couldn't find a 3rd team we were going to eat it anyways. My guess is that Otis will use the next week leading up to July 1 to try and secure a 3rd team and if he doesn't find one, the deal will be completed on the first day it "officially" can.

+1

I think our chances took a serious dive when OKC took on MoPete. I really hope I'm wrong though.

What I don't understand is, if we'll take Okafor if a third team can't be found then why don't we just do the deal and worry about moving Okafor later? Secure CP3 first take care of the other details after I say.

quote:
Originally posted by Magician09:

I think our chances took a serious dive when OKC took on MoPete. I really hope I'm wrong though.

What I don't understand is, if we'll take Okafor if a third team can't be found then why don't we just do the deal and worry about moving Okafor later? Secure CP3 first take care of the other details after I say.

we can't officially complete anything until July 1st bc of Paul's BYC status. So this gives Otis time to shop Okafor, and if he can't get anything, absorb the contract and worry about moving him later.

What about NY???? Surely, the knicks would trade him for Eddy Curry, which gives us an expiring contract, which we could allow to expire. NY doesnt take on anymore salary this year(well 300,000ish), but you get the point....

I just clicked on to how the Washington/Orlando deal would work...

It would be a three team deal with Chicago:

Orlando receives Hinrich, Thornton and Foye.

Chicago receives a future second round pick.

Washington receives Carter.

It couldn't be official until July because that is when Washington's cap space is confirmed. Kennedy may be on to something after all.

quote:

It couldn't be official until July because that is when Washington's cap space is confirmed. Kennedy may be on to something after all.

Foye is a RFA. Deal not possible with him included.

quote:

Surely this makes us worse? We need a go to scorer, and none Hinrich, Foye or Thornton can be classified as a go to scorer. Plus it ties us down with even less cap room.

Nyce - Ha ha too true and I only just mentioned that before. It's getting late here so I think that is a good sign for me to call it a night.

Chaz - I agree completely I think it is a horrible trade and would much rather keep Vince than take on those three players.