Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

So I go to page 19 only to find that there is no post from povtak there. I must be blind.

smile_svgsad.png

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsp...g-for-chris-paul.php

quote:
UPDATE 4:42 pm: The Magic's offer to get Chris Paul out of New Orleans had to at least make the Hornets pause -- Jameer Nelson and Vince Carter for CP3 and James Posey.

That according to FanHouse's Tim Potvik. That deal would save the Hornets money long term -- this is the last year of Carter's deal -- and net them a pretty good player in Nelson.

Also, if one of the hold ups is Otis not wanting to take back a bad contract then he needs to get over it. This is bigger than LeBron IMO.

Give them the TPE for Mo Pete or something in a separate trade.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Also, if one of the hold ups is Otis not wanting to take back a bad contract then he needs to get over it. This is bigger than LeBron IMO.

im a hopin for an oakin

quote:

What the heck does DraftExpress know about Magic news? lmfao lmfao lmfao

smile_svgsad.png

I CAN'T TAKE THIS

Exactly...

Besides, that guy still can't get on all the ride at Six Flags.

Check out how short this guy is...

codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"

height="385"

width="640"

>

value="never"

>

value="transparent"

>

name="movie"

/>

/>

/>

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

allowScriptAccess="never"

wmode="transparent"

height="385"

width="640"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYfZYt9aomg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"

/>

quote:

The ONLY thing that is MAYBE bigger than LeBron... is VY Canis Majoris!

canis-21.jpg

quote:

I'd take Mo Pete and/or Okafor, I'd give them up to three future 1st round picks...

GET 'ER DONE, O-TIZ~!

quote:
Hornets new coach doesn't want Paul traded

By BRETT MARTEL

The Associated Press

Tuesday, June 22, 2010; 5:16 PM

WESTWEGO, La. -- Hornets coach Monty Williams says Chris Paul was "the main thing" that excited him about taking his new job and that he could not envision entering next season without the three-time All Star.

Speaking at a pre-draft workout at the Hornets' training headquarters on Tuesday, Williams said Paul is the best point guard in the game. He says Paul will probably be in New Orleans for a long time, despite other team's ongoing efforts to trade for him.

Hornets general manager Jeff Bower says he's received many calls about possible trades but declined to specify which teams inquired.

Bower says he considers every offer, but also says the Hornets place a high value on what Paul brings to their franchise and the community.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/...AR2010062203979.html

I hate the fact that this trade made any sense at all money wise. That sadly got my hopes up for about 20 minutes, and the heavy weight of reality sinks in...

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

So I go to page 19 only to find that there is no post from povtak there. I must be blind.

smile_svgsad.png

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsp...g-for-chris-paul.php

quote:
UPDATE 4:42 pm: The Magic's offer to get Chris Paul out of New Orleans had to at least make the Hornets pause -- Jameer Nelson and Vince Carter for CP3 and James Posey.

That according to FanHouse's Tim Potvik. That deal would save the Hornets money long term -- this is the last year of Carter's deal -- and net them a pretty good player in Nelson.

Good lord, that article sounds like it was written by Junkie too. Very anti-Jameer.

I love this comment at the bottom of the article:

quote:
Vince and Jameer for CP3 and Posey doesn't make any sense for New Orleans. Carter and Posey both have deals that expire after next season. New Orleans isn't gaining anything in talent. Any Chris Paul deal should also include the winner of the "sweepstakes" taking Okafor off NO's hands as well. Orlando can give back Brandon Bass or Marcin Gortat, both effective, moderately priced big men. Something like Jameer/Vince/Bass for CP3/Posey/Okafor makes a lot more sense.

When healthy, Okafor is actually a better defender and rebounder than he gets credit for. Yes, he pretty much sucks offensively.. but we don't need him for offense. Hell we don't even use Bass.

I'd sign up for that deal too!

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

Fellas, don't forget there were rumors around December, of Otis going after CP3.

exactly. last season there were reports that jameer was going to the hornets in a deal that would get us cp3. jameer gets injured and needs surgery. the talks between the gm's die and the deal falls apart.