Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by StayBrutal:

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

That said, as much as I'd want Chris Paul here, I highly doubt we're gonna get him. I have a feeling he's staying in New Orleans.

I agree. I think either they will convince him to stay...or it will happen exactly the way Jareth predicted a few pages back.

After 714 pages,we finally realize CP3 is staying in his home.He won't be traded especially to us. Nobody wants to see the Magic become champions, they want lequitter and vagina woman to knock out the lakers not us.

I got a strong feeling in my stomach that karma is going to bite LeBron hard in the behind. I don't know and I can't explain it. Miami is going to be scary good, but something just tells me it may come down crashing at some point, mainly due to egos and what role each one of them has.

It's one thing to be all BFF about it when talking about playing together and be all "ahh man we gonna rock dem league brosephs!" than actually make it work. They are all used to being the Batmans of their teams, not the Robins. It may work, but I just feel like how LeBron handled the FA and the last 2 years may come haunting him in the long run.

I'm a strong believer in karma so...

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That said, as much as I'd want Chris Paul here, I highly doubt we're gonna get him. I have a feeling he's staying in New Orleans.

I agree. I think either they will convince him to stay...or it will happen exactly the way Jareth predicted a few pages back.

After 714 pages,we finally realize CP3 is staying in his home.He won't be traded especially to us. Nobody wants to see the Magic become champions, they want lequitter and vagina woman to knock out the lakers not us.

I got a strong feeling in my stomach that karma is going to bite LeBron hard in the behind. I don't know and I can't explain it. Miami is going to be scary good, but something just tells me it may come down crashing at some point, mainly due to egos and what role each one of them has.

It's one thing to be all BFF about it when talking about playing together and be all "ahh man we gonna rock dem league brosephs!" than actually make it work. They are all used to being the Batmans of their teams, not the Robins. It may work, but I just feel like how LeBron handled the FA and the last 2 years may come haunting him in the long run.

Just like Shaq right? He didn't do squat once he left the Magic like Lebron did.

quote:
Originally posted by nate dizzy:

quote:

Just like Shaq right? He didn't do squat once he left the Magic like Lebron did.

To be fair, Shaq didn't need the ball in his hands all the time.

I'm still skeptical as to how Wade and LeQueen will coexist. Wade and Bosh sure, but throwing in James in there? Not so sure. One guy only knows how to score, the other two likes to score AND pass. No and/or there.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

He won 4 championships?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No Shaq leaving and Bron leaving are two different ways of leaving.

If I remember correctly, Shaq didn't suffer a mysterious injury that even the team doctors couldn't figure out and they weren't baffled when he said he had been bothered by it for quite some time... He also didn't seemingly give up on his team in the playoffs and just quit. Shaq didn't have talks with his best superfriends in 1994 to play together two years later and act like it hadn't been in the making for a long, long time. Shaq didn't play his FA like Bron did, he didn't have a one hour special on ESPN where he faked human emotions. It was announced when he was playing with Team USA, right?

He did say Orlando was a dried up pond though...

I'd be surprised if David Stern doesn't get involved and try to influence a move in one way or another - there's just too much potential money to be made. Anything that makes Orlando better is going to be better for the league. We are the rivals of the 'favorite' team in the league right now, and adding the best PG in the league to team up with the best big man will only make it that much more intense. The league has the opportunity to capitalize $$$BIG TIME$$$ on this...Stern has to be weaseling around somewhere looking for a way to make bank.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No Shaq leaving and Bron leaving are two different ways of leaving.

If I remember correctly, Shaq didn't suffer a mysterious injury that even the team doctors couldn't figure out and they weren't baffled when he said he had been bothered by it for quite some time... He also didn't seemingly give up on his team in the playoffs and just quit. Shaq didn't have talks with his best superfriends in 1994 to play together two years later and act like it hadn't been in the making for a long, long time. Shaq didn't play his FA like Bron did, he didn't have a one hour special on ESPN where he faked human emotions. It was announced when he was playing with Team USA, right?

He did say Orlando was a dried up pond though...

I remember the so called injury,it wasn't real.He quit simple as that.When did MJ EVER have a night like that or quit?Lequitter has now moved from king to jester!!!

I'd personally just like to thank the Celtics, Lakers, Jerry West, Lebron, Wade, Bosh & Chris Paul for ruining the NBA.

Idk about you guys but my favorite team was the Magic team a couple years ago. We had 1 star (Dwight) and 4 other solid *** players (Meer, Lee, Turk, Shard). We were always underrated but we knew we were an elite team. We were a TEAM.

Now these fools are making it pretty much impossible to be that, or an old Pistons team or Spurs team. You have to have super squads now. It's pretty disgusting if you ask me.

quote:
Originally posted by avitale8:

I'd personally just like to thank the Celtics, Lakers, Jerry West, Lebron, Wade, Bosh & Chris Paul for ruining the NBA.

Idk about you guys but my favorite team was the Magic team a couple years ago. We had 1 star (Dwight) and 4 other solid *** players (Meer, Lee, Turk, Shard). We were always underrated but we knew we were an elite team. We were a TEAM.

Now these fools are making it pretty much impossible to be that, or an old Pistons team or Spurs team. You have to have super squads now. It's pretty disgusting if you ask me.

Even though I will never give up, but it frustrates me that to be able to win in this league, you need to form superteams. That means that other teams can't win unless they go super. No surprise winners, upsets or anything it seems. The competition is going away...

Really the league just got too big for its own good. The talent has been watered down to the point where there are just a bunch of mediocre teams out there. There needs to be a contraction of atleast two teams. Back at the ABA/NBA merger there were super teams which led to super rivalries-thats the way its headed now. If CP3 leaves NO, then they need to disband the organization, same with Memphis. I would recommend getting rid of an eastern team, but I dont know who. Charlotte is on the rise, and Toronto despite sucking still gets good attendence. There arent notoriously disfunctional teams out east, they seem to be in the west for the most part. I guess philly has been disfunctional since the 80's. Maybe GS or LAC should get disbanded...

Once a few teams are contracted, reshuffle the conferences have a supplemental draft for those players and the league would be MUCH more competitive in the remaining smaller markets/middling teams.

quote:

quote:

Even though I will never give up, but it frustrates me that to be able to win in this league, you need to form superteams. That means that other teams can't win unless they go super. No surprise winners, upsets or anything it seems. The competition is going away...

The issue is the way Stern has changed the reffing of the game. The Pistons of the early nineties could never exist today, because players simply cannot be defended in that manner. Now with the superteams, the only way to compete is to get an equal superteam with wing players that also cannot be defended. I really think it has as much to do with Stern (and his change in reffing and game style) as with the actual make-up of the teams.

quote:

quote:

And two franchises have been decimated this summer with the potential for the Hornets to join that list. I hope Stern is happy with himself.