Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

Small Update + RevTy Speculation

Alright, as I was fiddling with Trade Machine, I checked my e-mail and saw Magical had sent me an update. I'll start with that (Note: I swear the correlation between the sudden rash of Bosh threads and the Magical update is pure coincidence).

So apparently Dwight is doing his job well, in that Bosh is very interested in coming to Orlando. And if Toronto decides to do a sign and trade, it is a very realistic possibility that he comes here. Now, if they decide to let him just walk, obviously we're out.

It will likely end up being a 3 team deal. Magical seems to think it will send Hedo to Sacramento, with us giving up Gortat, Bass, and Pietrus, maybe even a S&T of Barnes. If that is the case, Otis will likely resign JJ and draft a wing (obviously the draft occurs before this is all set in stone, but they are thinking wing anyway). They'll go hard after CJ Watson again, with Livingston a possibility. The biggest issue with this scenario is that we'd really rely on a cheap vet big as our back-up C, which is a dicey proposition.

His proposed line-up looks like this:

Jameer/CJ/JWill

Vince/JJ

Rashard/Rookie

Bosh/Ryan

Dwight/Vet big

Now, here comes the RevTy speculation game, completely unrelated to the Magical info:

I could see a 3-team working with us, Toronto, and New Orleans, based around Vince/Gortat to New Orleans, Okafor/Pietrus/Bass to Toronto, and Bosh/Posey/Peterson? to Orlando

I don't know if those salaries line up because I can't trade Bosh on the trade machine, but in principle it makes sense because it saves Orleans a ton of money and gives them a wing to pair with CP3, gives Toronto young tough pieces to put around Bargnani, and we get Bosh and some veteran players.

But that's just me spit-balling.

It seems to all come down to the Raptors' thinking. Do they want to let Bosh walk and not take on the salary, or do they want to rebuild on the fly and hope Bargnani and Derozan are good enough to carry the team?

The funny thing about a 3 team deal with Sacramento and Toronto is that they would both want Gortat. Likely one will have to settle for Bass if this works out.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Too many threads now Rev. icon_frown.gif

I was going to post it in the previous one, but seeing as it reached 20 pages, with at least 8 of those discussing the Marching Disciples of Shutting Trey Up, I figured I should start fresh.

But Steve Kyler said that Marcin Gortat has no value around the league. If you cannot trust Hoopsworld who can you trust.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

we cant s&t barnes

That I wasn't sure of. Why not?

Heck, I don't even know for sure if you can do a 3 team trade involving a sign and trade.

if we're going to go all hypothetical...

The starting 5 is great, phenomenal even...lot's of firepower...the bench though, Ryan Anderson is our lone "big" man off the bench at the 4?

no defense at the wing period?

a rookie at the 3 behind Shard? so no defense there either I presume...

holy...

also, Barnes cannot be S&T'd...