Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

Latest from Magical - Update pg 12

As I've said before, I believe Bosh is far better than Boozer. I'm not high on the Boozer or Amare ideas. If we can't get Bosh, I'd rather try to upgrade the wing position, sign Haslem, sign or draft a back-up pg, and trade Tat or Bass.

How do the Magic get Bosh? This guy will get a max contract. Toronto is not going to take Vince back, I think we all know that.

So then we package 3 guys to get 1? Basically depelete our entire bench for one player? Not trying to be a jerk, but it does not make any sense.

But yes, I would rather have Bosh too. I just do not see how it is possible.

EDIT : Unless somehow Toronto takes Rashard. Ok..no..that's not going to happen. We already shafted them once, getting the TPE for Hedo.

What makes Bosh better than Boozer or Amare? They all play similar games.

I think Amare is the best out of the three, he has the best offensive game of any big in the league.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

As I've said before, I believe Bosh is far better than Boozer. I'm not high on the Boozer or Amare ideas. If we can't get Bosh, I'd rather try to upgrade the wing position, sign Haslem, sign or draft a back-up pg, and trade Tat or Bass.

I agree Bro.

Here's what I think Otis should have on his big board.

1. Trade Gortat for a Top 8 pick. Select best wingman available (Namely Wesley Johnson)

If that doesn't work

2. S&T Gortat/Vince/Pietrus/Bass or any combination of those players for one of the big name FA's that are realistically attainable. Boozer, Gay, etc.

If that doesn't work

3. Try and trade for Danny Granger using the said players named above. Sign Travis Deiner and tell him to sue the Pacers for sexual harassment. Settle out of court by convincing them that Deiner will drop the charges if they let us have Granger for Vince.

If that doesn't work

4. Trade Gortat for a legitimate up and coming wing. Get CJ Watson/Udonis Haslem for part of the MLE. Resign Redick. Sign Brad Miller for the vet min. Use 1st round pick on a 3rd PG or prospect swingman. If not, trade 1st and 2nd for higher 2nd and get a project big man or Euro to stash away.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

I agree Bro.

1. Trade Gortat for a Top 8 pick. Select best wingman available (Namely Wesley Johnson)

If that doesn't work

2. S&T Gortat/Vince/Pietrus/Bass or any combination of those players for one of the big name FA's that are realistically attainable. Boozer, Gay, etc.

If that doesn't work

3. Try and trade for Danny Granger using the said players named above. Sign Travis Deiner and tell him to sue the Pacers for sexual harassment. Settle out of court by convincing them that Deiner will drop the charges if they let us have Granger for Vince.

If that doesn't work

4. Trade Gortat for a legitimate up and coming wing. Get CJ Watson/Udonis Haslem for part of the MLE. Resign Redick. Sign Brad Miller for the vet min. Use 1st round pick on a 3rd PG or prospect swingman. If not, trade 1st and 2nd for higher 2nd and get a project big man or Euro to stash away.

You should be the magic's GM!

J/K

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

What makes Bosh better than Boozer or Amare? They all play similar games.

I think Amare is the best out of the three, he has the best offensive game of any big in the league.

I don't usually agree with you, but you are totally right. And I love your sig

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

I agree Bro.

If that doesn't work

If that doesn't work

If that doesn't work

Bird, Gay, Boozer or Bust......simple as that

Amar'e is good, but remember that he is constantly getting excellent passes from Nashty, and Boozer is good, but he is constantly getting layups in the Jerry Sloan system compliments of DWill. Bosh is the best offensive player of them all, but according to JVG, Pao is the best offensive big in the game.

Bosh isn't coming here unless he takes a massive pay cut, but I just wanted to throw in my opinion of him v. Amar'e/Boozer.

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

Amar'e is good, but remember that he is constantly getting excellent passes from Nashty, and Boozer is good, but he is constantly getting layups in the Jerry Sloan system compliments of DWill. Bosh is the best offensive player of them all, but according to JVG, Pao is the best offensive big in the game.

Bosh isn't coming here unless he takes a massive pay cut, but I just wanted to throw in my opinion of him v. Amar'e/Boozer.

If they come to Orlando, they will get excellent passes from Jameer. Where's the problem?

quote:

What makes Bosh better than Boozer or Amare?

Combination of youth (Bosh is youngest), health (Bosh has been the healthiest by far), game (personal preference of mine).

quote:

quote:

What makes Bosh better than Boozer or Amare?

Combination of youth (Bosh is youngest), health (Bosh has been the healthiest by far), game (personal preference of mine).

I tend to like Amares athleticism and Boozers frame compared to Bosh. They're all basically the same player.

Of the three big name power forwards out there (yes Amare is a PF) Amare is the better of the three. Just go off playoff performance alone over their careers.

Amare-

24.2 PPG, 9.2 RPG, 1.8 BPG

Bosh-

20.5 PPG, 9.0 RPG, 1.2 BPG

Boozer-

20.3 PPG, 12.5 RPG, 0.8 BPG

During the time when it is most important (playoffs), Amare has outpreformed the other two pretty easily with the exception of Boozer on the boards. (Which one could make the argument that Boozer's rebounding prowess is actually more valuable to the Magic then Amare's scoring, I certainly would, but were talking about best overall player right now.)

People forget that Amare has single handedly wrecked fools in the playoffs over his career, destroying Tim Duncan almost every time they played each other. It was just his team not being good enough to win it. So if you want the guy who is going to help us win the big one, Amare has the best resume of the three.

(Stats from NBA.com)