Sign in to follow this  
Raven1

Jameer for 6th man of the year in 2010/11

2008-2009 stats:

overall (all games, most do not include Jameer)

Offensive Rating: 109.2 (11th of 30)

19.3 assists a game

45.7% FG and 36.4% from 3

------------------------------------------------------------------

Before the all star break (51 games, Jameer played around 40, I believe)

19.3 assists a game - 46% FG and 39.6% from 3

AFTER the All-Star break (includes the playoffs as well, Jameer played the 5 games against the Lakers, nothing to see there)

19.3 assists a game - 45.3% FG and 35.7% from 3

---------------------------------------------------------------

2009-2010 stats (where Jameer played almost 80 games including the playoffs, I believe)

Offensive Rating: 111.4 (4th of 30)

19.7 assists a game

46.8% FG and 37.5% from 3

post all-star break (when Wince and especially Jameer were really healthy and Jameer was playing at a high level again)

21.2 assists a game

48.9% FG and 39% from 3

my stats dont lie, and sometimes my hips too

all this talk of jameer playing at the 2 has it merits but the size that we would give up in key match ups would hurt.

alot of what makes jameer sucessful at teh point is that he will attack the rim and when the side are silly enough to sag off him he hurts them on the core board.

i know we need somthing but i think a drastic change is not it.

To the people who think Jameer is a 6MOY potential threat....

Have you even dived into the logistics of that claim?

The last 10 6MOY winners have played an average of ~29 mpg. Crawford played 31 as did Ginobili when he won it.

For Jameer to go to the bench we would need an all-world point guard to justify him moving. A point guard like that will play AT LEAST 36 minutes a game leaving Jameer with 12 minutes at the PG.

That would mean he would have to play 18+ minutes A GAME alongside the starting point guard as a scoring 2. Meaning he cuts into JJ/Peaches/Carter's minutes at SG and in return we have the worst defensive backcourt in the NBA. Sure, there would be a few teams this would work against, but as a strategy it is terrible.

Unless you think Jameer can score 20ppg in 16 minutes off the bench, then Jameer EVER being a 6MOY is impossible.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

To the people who think Jameer is a 6MOY potential threat....

Have you even dived into the logistics of that claim?

The last 10 6MOY winners have played an average of ~29 mpg. Crawford played 31 as did Ginobili when he won it.

For Jameer to go to the bench we would need an all-world point guard to justify him moving. A point guard like that will play AT LEAST 36 minutes a game leaving Jameer with 12 minutes at the PG.

That would mean he would have to play 18+ minutes A GAME alongside the starting point guard as a scoring 2. Meaning he cuts into JJ/Peaches/Carter's minutes at SG and in return we have the worst defensive backcourt in the NBA. Sure, there would be a few teams this would work against, but as a strategy it is terrible.

Unless you think Jameer can score 20ppg in 16 minutes off the bench, then Jameer EVER being a 6MOY is impossible.

how it took this long to be said is quite shocking.

quote:
Originally posted by PrematureShooter:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

Quickly before I gotta run:

top flight:

Nash OK, Williams OK, Paul OK, Rose OK, Rondo OK, i feel like I am missing someone but there are the 5 right there that are top flight that you asked for

second tier that are either better than jameer already or are worth trading for:

Brandon Jennings NO, darren collison NO, jason kidd(still)best playmaker of a generation and had a great playoffs NO, jrue holiday potentially GOD NO, same with that John Wall kid potentially SAID THAT, billups(still)-since he can play D and post up along with making plays for others NO, HIS SHOT SELECTION IS INSULTING. there are other people too I am sure...not saying that I would trade jameer for someone like jason kidd, but you also cant say that jameer is better either. Yes, at this point in their careers Jameer is better.

and of course there are the people that are 'better pgs that arent really pgs' like tyreke evans, brandon roy or even wade or lebron. obviously its impossible to compare jameer to those but you asked and you shall recieve a list of those who are better pgs off the top of my head-even those who dont play the position. All of this is completely irrelevant. Your original statement was "the right PG". None of these players play point guard, regardless of the fact that they might be able to in some parallel universe without shooting guards or small forwards.

So, you asked for 5-6 and I gave you like 15 names or something. Most of which made no sense. I am sure I am missing others...and there are some people that are tempting like aaron brooks NO or russell westbrook OK , but I dont feel comfortable enough giving out my seal of approval on those yet....especially brooks.

Also, in regards to your last comment, I certainly have read everything you've said so far, and I wasn't insinuating you said to trade him, I was merely relaying the fact that none of this matters since he won't be traded. Regardless, yes, I HAVE been looking for an argument, since, well, a lot of what you've said has been dumb.

The argument of someone being expendable for the right player is, in itself, incredibly stupid since EVERYONE in the NBA besides 3 or 4 players is "expendable for the right person". That's like saying I want to have a great dinner (obviously, who wouldn't), UNLESS there's a better one somewhere. Of course there is, but it's gonna cost me a fortune and I might have to leap through hoops to get it.

I was almost getting angry there for a minute when I came back and read your drivel today. It appears as though you dont even follow the NBA at all outside of perhaps sportscenter highlights judging by some of your red letter comments.

Looking at your comments today with fresh eyes-its obvious you would have to be completely dense to believe some of the things you were writing. Furthermore, you are clearly just trying to incite an argument if you take exception to someone suggesting that we keep Jameer thanks to how he stepped up in the playoffs unless we have an obvious upgrade at the pg spot for the betterment of the team. So, I'm not saying your a troll or trolling or anything, but I will stop feeding you like one in hopes that you smarten up and start providing substance as opposed to looking for arguments all the time.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Jameer is expendable for the right PG...or a top draft pick.

I assume by "the right PG" you mean someone who is better than Jameer. Nobody who fits that description is available. Also, if that list is longer then 5 or 6 players then Meer is being VASTLY underestimated as a PG.

And no, Jameer is in no way expendable for a top draft pick.

Yes, I was suggesting a better pg of course. Doesnt mean it was likely or even being discussed. It just means that if there is a better option out there then he is a goner. Of course the rest of my original comment said that already.

And yes, Jameer is certainly expendable for a top pick in the draft.

edit, and jameer is NOT the 5th or 6th best point in the league-are you serious? Remember that he plays with dwight, and that there are atleast 5-6 top flight point guards out there already, and several more who are better than jameer.

I like the guy too, but lets take the blinders off and be realistic.

can i see your list of pgs...?

top flight:

Nash, Williams, Paul, Rose, Rondo, i feel like I am missing someone but there are the 5 right there that are top flight that you asked for

second tier that are either better than jameer already or are worth trading for:

Brandon Jennings, darren collison, jason kidd(still)best playmaker of a generation and had a great playoffs, jrue holiday potentially, same with that John Wall kid potentially, billups(still)-since he can play D and post up along with making plays for others. there are other people too I am sure...not saying that I would trade jameer for someone like jason kidd, but you also cant say that jameer is better either.

and of course there are the people that are 'better pgs that arent really pgs' like tyreke evans, brandon roy or even wade or lebron. obviously its impossible to compare jameer to those but you asked and you shall recieve a list of those who are better pgs off the top of my head-even those who dont play the position.

So, you asked for 5-6 and I gave you like 15 names or something. I am sure I am missing others...and there are some people that are tempting like aaron brooks or russell westbrook, but I dont feel comfortable enough giving out my seal of approval on those yet....especially brooks.

Tier 1 Nash Paul Williams

Tier 2 Rondo Rose

Tier 3 Billups Nelson Westbrook Tony Parker

Tier 4 Mo Williams Jennings Jason Kidd Brooks

Ask Dallas fans what they think of Kidd. They were praying for Beaubois to start in the playoffs.

Quick question LewisFTW, would you rather have jameer on the magic playing 65 games and averaging 12.5 ppg/5.6apg or Kidd playing 80 games and averaging 10ppg/9apg/7rpg while shooting a way higher % from 3...and not having the benefit of playing with Dwight? No discredit to Dirk, but Dwight>Dirk...you know what I mean?

also, keeping all that in mind about the dallas fans calling for roddy...is that a discredit to Kidd-or a nod to beaubois? that kid is a beast. He is like an offensive equivalent to Jameer except he shoots a little better and can actually play solid Defense...not DPOY or anything, but a good step up from what nelson does.

also btw, I said I wouldnt trade Jameer for Kidd at all...for conversational purposes I was throwing out a devil's advocate question.

quote:

quote:

quote:

top flight:

Nash OK, Williams OK, Paul OK, Rose OK, Rondo OK, i feel like I am missing someone but there are the 5 right there that are top flight that you asked for

Brandon Jennings NO, darren collison NO, jason kidd(still)best playmaker of a generation and had a great playoffs NO, jrue holiday potentially GOD NO, same with that John Wall kid potentially SAID THAT, billups(still)-since he can play D and post up along with making plays for others NO, HIS SHOT SELECTION IS INSULTING. there are other people too I am sure...not saying that I would trade jameer for someone like jason kidd, but you also cant say that jameer is better either. Yes, at this point in their careers Jameer is better.

and of course there are the people that are 'better pgs that arent really pgs' like tyreke evans, brandon roy or even wade or lebron. obviously its impossible to compare jameer to those but you asked and you shall recieve a list of those who are better pgs off the top of my head-even those who dont play the position. All of this is completely irrelevant. Your original statement was "the right PG". None of these players play point guard, regardless of the fact that they might be able to in some parallel universe without shooting guards or small forwards.

So, you asked for 5-6 and I gave you like 15 names or something. Most of which made no sense. I am sure I am missing others...and there are some people that are tempting like aaron brooks NO or russell westbrook OK , but I dont feel comfortable enough giving out my seal of approval on those yet....especially brooks.

Also, in regards to your last comment, I certainly have read everything you've said so far, and I wasn't insinuating you said to trade him, I was merely relaying the fact that none of this matters since he won't be traded. Regardless, yes, I HAVE been looking for an argument, since, well, a lot of what you've said has been dumb.

The argument of someone being expendable for the right player is, in itself, incredibly stupid since EVERYONE in the NBA besides 3 or 4 players is "expendable for the right person". That's like saying I want to have a great dinner (obviously, who wouldn't), UNLESS there's a better one somewhere. Of course there is, but it's gonna cost me a fortune and I might have to leap through hoops to get it.

I was almost getting angry there for a minute when I came back and read your drivel today. It appears as though you dont even follow the NBA at all outside of perhaps sportscenter highlights judging by some of your red letter comments.

Looking at your comments today with fresh eyes-its obvious you would have to be completely dense to believe some of the things you were writing. Furthermore, you are clearly just trying to incite an argument if you take exception to someone suggesting that we keep Jameer thanks to how he stepped up in the playoffs unless we have an obvious upgrade at the pg spot for the betterment of the team. So, I'm not saying your a troll or trolling or anything, but I will stop feeding you like one in hopes that you smarten up and start providing substance as opposed to looking for arguments all the time.

I don't know what more substance you want, I provided logical answers to everything you've said. You obviously are underestimating Jameer, and that's fine.

For you to accuse me of not knowing the NBA or "almost trolling" is pretty hilarious, considering magic berto posted nearly the EXACT same red text argument as me on the previous page, and Lewis4TheWin also had similar tiers of PGs. Several other people have strongly disagreed with you in this thread as well, are they all trolls?

Where's DoM when you need him, I'd love to get his take on this whole situation.

quote:

top flight:

smile_owned.gif

quote:

quote:

quote:

top flight:

Dude, you said BRANDON JENNINGS and AARON BROOKS and JRUE ****ING HOLIDAY were better than Jameer.

Someone ban this kid now.

The Jameer we got in the playoffs is a top 10 PG. Will he play like it all season? I don't know, he didn't play like a top 10 PG in the regular season. But in no way does he come off the bench or get traded (unless we can get Chris Paul or something....), Jameer is a good player, and I enjoy having him here.

Also....Jrue Holliday? Really? What is wrong with you people.