Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

Update from Magical

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

you guys and the "dwight makes it all better"...if we have that line-up...he be in foul trouble every game

He does make it all better. He made Hedo Turkoglu look like a passable defender.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

Who do we want in the top of the draft?? Sure we'll take Evan Turner but lets get real. I honestly don't see who we'd be interested

Wesley Johnson, Paul George, James Anderson, Luke Babbitt, Ekpe Udoh

Xavier Henry

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Want a rotation?

Jameer/CJ Watson/Gil (yep, they'll still push HARD for this)

Gilbert/JJ (if they can keep him)

Rashard/Wes Johnson

Amare/Bass

Dwight/Amare/Bass

Granted, this takes EVERYTHING going perfectly, but that is all definitely possible

I like it, but I don't think there would be enough balls on the court for that team.

quote:

Want a rotation?

Rashard/Wes Johnson

Amare/Bass

Dwight/Amare/Bass

Granted, this takes EVERYTHING going perfectly, but that is all definitely possible

no way wed get gil and watson with the MLE. its one or the other, maybe just draft a pg with 29 instead. do u have vince goin to pheonix in this scenario?

quote:

Want a rotation?

Rashard/Wes Johnson

Amare/Bass

Dwight/Amare/Bass

I think another team can and will offer better than Vince, RA, and # 29 for STAT, assuming that is our offer in this scenario.

I honestly can't see Gortat fetching us a top 5 pick but the potential of getting Wes Johnson is exciting! Even if we got a pick in the late lottery, there are some nice swingmen available throughout the first 15 picks.

Ty, I assume Otis has gone cold on Joe Johnson since there has been no mention of him? No mention of Bosh either? I would think Bosh would be more attainable via SnT than Amar'e.

hell no to amare. not only is he looking for max money but he's soft as cotton. plus he does not pass the ball for anything.

arenas will probably end up being another grant hill. plus he lost all his explosiveness. he was the man from 04-07 but now he won't be as productive on the court.

get a power forward who is solid at defense. get a young sg that can make plays and put up like 16-20ppg and play decent defense or can be molded into a defender.

plus amare is going to be looking for rashard lewis type money. gilbert will obviously not get what he got before but i don't see him taking anything less than $14mil a season.

stop surrounding dwight with a bunch of shooters.

I don't see any team giving up the a top 5 for Gortat. Maybe Philly or Sac since both need a big man. If we would have won the title, then the possibility would be high. Would you trade your top 5 pick for Gortat? How about Gortat for Landry?

Amare sounds great and all but how much of his production is due to Steve Nash? Amare and Dwight sharing the post seems like it would be very crowded, but if it only costs Vince then go for it. I would assume Anderson/Bass would go in that trade with a bad contract coming back.

Gilbert could be a good signing if he can stay healthy but what scares me about him is he, like Vince, likes to jack shots up instead of driving to the hole. Plus he is 6'3 which would make our backcourt real small. He is also a playoff choker.

CJ Watson I like. I saw a few GS games and definitely liked his abilities. He plays both O and D.

I also like Travis Outlaw to replace Pietrus/Barnes. 6'9 athletic SF that can shoot the 3, defend, and shut the opposing teams 2 or 3 down. I do not know about his current health problems though.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

you guys and the "dwight makes it all better"...if we have that line-up...he be in foul trouble every game

He does make it all better. He made Hedo Turkoglu look like a passable defender.

while dwight does correct a lot of mistakes...you dont want to be put in that position that dwight has to block every shot..that line-up is horrible defensively..he will foul out in every game

So I guess this Rev guy is pretty legit? I honestly am not around here enough to know his track record.

Everything from that, I like, except the possibility of losing JJ, and the lack of a Matt Barnes mention. I really want Barnes back with the team, and JJ too.

But if we could manage to keep JJ, keep Barnes, bring in Amare, and draft ourselves a scorer - I like the sounds of that.