Sign in to follow this  
BRich

Savage: Barnes opting out, hopes to remain in Orlando

I think Barnes opting out was smart but I don't think other teams will be throwing money at him. Particularly for a long term deal. He's been a solid role player far before coming to Orlando. I've seen him in GS and Phoenix and he's brings what he brought to those teams. Point being, playing for Orlando didn't boost his value much imo. I see him coming back as long as the # of years are right.

Or you can go dust off Doug Christie. I think he shoved Kobe once icon_frown.gif

I actually think Barnes will find a good deal this summer. A lot of teams have excess money to spend - and they'll need good role players to put along side those stars they're trying to land. I think he'll find a solid long term deal. Not crazy dollars - but something that will make Otis really think about what to do.

I think you people are missing my point. Evans came here and had a career year and was thought to be someone the Magic wanted to resign. We all figured we'd resign Dooling as well.

I just wouldn't be surprised if Barnes doesn't come back due to someone throwing more money at him. That's all.

And TITY, that was the headline on RealGM. I apologize oh mighty one.

2007 Lost Darko

2008 Lost Keyon and Maurice Evans

2009 Lost Hedo and Courtney Lee icon_frown.gif (Not to FA, but you get the idea)

2010 Jwill and probably Matt Barnes too

As you can see Otis Smith is not really known for maintaining our players. He is actually quite unpredictable and can one day may you happy(Shard signing) and then break your heart(traded Courtney Lee) the next.

More teams have seen what Barnes bring to the table this year and he will most likely leave to a team that will offer him more money. I actually like Matty with all his energy, hustle, and heart. I would love him to stay, but this is Otis Smith here. Disappoint is coming Magic fans, we just dont know when and in what form.

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoMagicFan:

2007 Lost Darko

2009 Lost Hedo and Courtney Lee icon_frown.gif (Not to FA, but you get the idea)

As you can see Otis Smith is not really known for maintaining our players. He is actually quite unpredictable and can one day may you happy(Shard signing) and then break your heart(traded Courtney Lee) the next.

More teams have seen what Barnes bring to the table this year and he will most likely leave to a team that will offer him more money. I actually like Matty with all his energy, hustle, and heart. I would love him to stay, but this is Otis Smith here. Disappoint is coming Magic fans, we just dont know when and in what form.

Why would you maintain players like hedo, Darko and Keyon? Hedo fits here but 5 years 55 millions is the biggest joke in sports history. I thought Otis doing a great job knowing which ones we should keep and which ones are not

quote:
Originally posted by cpower:

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoMagicFan:

2007 Lost Darko

Why would you maintain players like hedo, Darko and Keyon? Hedo fits here but 5 years 55 millions is the biggest joke in sports history. I thought Otis doing a great job knowing which ones we should keep and which ones are not

No, it would be this guy

Varejao signs 6 year 50 million deal.

varejaotopper.jpg