Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Part 1 of an Offseason Series: Who should we get- Rudy Gay

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I want OJ (over Gay). Can that possibly happen? KITNO?

If we keep Barnes, I would also prefer OJ, and based on the fact that Memphis was trying to move him, it seems more plausible.

Mayo isn't making that much money, we'd have to take on a big contract, and Grizzlies only big contract is Zach Randolph.

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

Wait is Granger a FA too?

No. But Indy may make him available. I think the only reason VC may interest them is because they will already have loads of cap space next summer and will probably pursue the top FAs (Melo). VC's expiring will help that.

quote:
Originally posted by BravesMagicBucs:

quote:

Wait is Granger a FA too?

No. But Indy may make him available. I think the only reason VC may interest them is because they will already have loads of cap space next summer and will probably pursue the top FAs (Melo). VC's expiring will help that.

I agree. I think VC expiring contract would interest a team like Indy. But I don't see how it would interest or help a team like Memphis, though.

As I mentioned in the other thread though, I just realized VC isn't exactly a expiring. He has a team option and is owed $8 million if released next year

quote:

As I mentioned in the other thread though, I just realized VC isn't exactly a expiring. He has a team option and is owed $8 million if released next year

I thought it was only around $3 million that was guranteed. Where did you read that it was $8 million at?

quote:

thought it was 4

eh... I just dont think Rudy Gay is that player. If were gonna go for the player who is supposed to to be "the guy" to put next to dwight, why should we be going for a double when we really should be aiming for a home run?

The Magic were rumored to be strongly interested in Mayo prior to the draft that year, to the point of considering trading Hedo for the #5 pick.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

I thought it was only around $3 million that was guranteed. Where did you read that it was $8 million at?

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

quote:

thought it was 4

Sorry I should've done more research..I just looked off somebody on realgm. Anybody can find a source to see how much he is owed??