Sign in to follow this  
Penny Hardaway's Ghost

anyone listen to SVP today?

re: Dwight Howard specifically, he and Ryen Russillo were discussing the breakdown of the Magic, but then they got into a lengthy conversation about Dwight where Ryen stated that he had personal solid information that stated many of the coaches are frustrated with Dwight and his immaturity...I couldn't catch the whole thing, will have to find the podcast...just wondering if anyone else heard it...

re: Dwight Howard specifically, he and Ryen Russillo were discussing the breakdown of the Magic, but then they got into a lengthy conversation about Dwight where Ryen stated that he had personal solid information that stated many of the coaches are frustrated with Dwight and his immaturity...I couldn't catch the whole thing, will have to find the podcast...just wondering if anyone else heard it...

Didn't catch it... were they referring to his immaturity as a person or a basketball player?

quote:
Originally posted by PrematureShooter:

Didn't catch it... were they referring to his immaturity as a person or a basketball player?

Pretty sure they go hand in hand...

it would be unfortunate, especially because I do have a hard time believing that Dwight is the easiest guy to coach. I love the guy and everything, and I don't know jack about the inner workings of this team or what goes on between coaches/players etc. but sometimes, Dwight strikes me as someone who is difficult to manage.

Every once in awhile you will see SVG talking to Dwight, and they argue, then Pat get's involved and calms Dwight down and Dwight's body language seems to show frustration towards SVG...not a total prima donna thing, but I think there is something there...

re: immature personality or immature basketball player, I think they are a little synonymous, but I think they were referring to both. They were discussing Dwight filming movies and TV shows this summer, and they said that no one had problems with MJ doing Space Jam, but that was because MJ won and was a winner. They were alluding to the fact that Dwight is too immature in practices and so on I believe as well...

I'd be frustrated, the coaching staff has the right to be if this is the case. Dwight is a professional basketball player, he needs to fix what is broken and do everything he can to improve. Unfortunately, in this particular case, Dwight is the Magic poster boy and superman phenomenon...So ya, I agree with Jareth, Dwight is more of an asset than the coaching staff (in terms of the organization's priorities).

Sometimes I wonder if Dwight is the same happy fun guy you see in front of the camera, but I'm not sure he's too immature. His problem is clearly his anger, he takes himself out of the game too much when he's struggling or getting bad calls. He does need to grow up in a way, but this just sounds like the media making stories out of our ECF failure.

I wouldn't go that far sharp.

By saying it's unfortunate, I meant letting SVG go. He is easily the best coach this team can have. Look at what he has done here. His first year he took a team full of underachievers and turned them into a 50 win team. He made Turkoglu a star and made sure he never had to worry about money again. He turned this team into one of the hardest working and toughest defensive squads in the league.

I'm not saying he is more valuable then Dwight. Nor would I ever suggest trading Dwight. But I would gladly be called crazy to suggest they are both equally as valuable to this team.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I wouldn't go that far sharp.

By saying it's unfortunate, I meant letting SVG go. He is easily the best coach this team can have. Look at what he has done here. His first year he took a team full of underachievers and turned them into a 50 win team. He made Turkoglu a star and made sure he never had to worry about money again. He turned this team into one of the hardest working and toughest defensive squads in the league.

I'm not saying he is more valuable then Dwight. Nor would I ever suggest trading Dwight. But I would gladly be called crazy to suggest they are both equally as valuable to this team.

I agree for the most part.

I believe, when all is said and done, the Magic organization has invested too much money and marketing value into Dwight to let him go. Not to mention he is an incredible talent and ridiculous defender. It boils down to who is more liquid, and that is SVG (and perhaps the coaching staff as well). Dwight would have a much bigger impact on the team financially.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by PrematureShooter:

Pretty sure they go hand in hand...

Definitely, but I would be interested to hear the conversation because there are certainly differences in some cases.

On one hand the coaches could be frustrated with his development as a player even though he is trying as hard as he can. However, behind the scenes Dwight might be a nightmare to coach, neglecting advice and refusing to learn because he thinks he knows better. I highly doubt this is the case, but hey, you never know.