Sign in to follow this  
gporter

Official Gamethread: Magic @ Celtics 5/24 8:30pm ET

The Magic played very well last night and have to be feeling good about themselves for the first time this whole series. The victory wasn't a fluke - everyone but Gortat and VC were solid.

As a Boston fan, there were a lot of problems. Pierce and Garnett completely ran out of gas late in the game, which was not a good sign seeing as they sat the whole 4th quarter on Saturday. Pierce was tough for 3 1/2 qtrs, but usually he can dominate at the end of a game like that, and he couldn't even get the ball to the rim on a couple of those 3-pt attempts, and blew the last possession of regulation. It did look like age catching up to those two.

Rondo looked very ordinary all night long. Perkins and Tony Allen were a step behind. Big Baby had a good game, and Ray Allen was great at the end, but this game was different than the others for sure. The Celtics had a much tougher time doing what they wanted to do on offense.

I'm not optimistic that game 5 will go well for the Celtics.

I still think Vince has one or maybe two good solid games in him. Possibly an outstanding half of a game. Hopefully those will show in the next few games.

Either way, he's not our closer, and never was.

This is Jameer and Dwight's team.

quote:
Originally posted by EwingsMagic25:

Now while I will give him credit for making some big shots, and a nice recovery block on dwight, did anyone else notice that weird thing Big Baby did with his tongue after one of his hoops. It was like his tongue was having a seizure and his upper lip took the brunt of it.

Hey EwingsMagic25...here is a gif of the Big Baby tongue thing you were talking about...courtesy of Davcivic.

http://twitpic.com/1qsga3

I'm proud of our team. Winning that game with those circumstances was a **** hard task, and most teams would have quit. Now they've given themselves a chance to keep playing and maybe start an unthinkable comeback. Win at home on Wednesday, and you get a chance to go back on the road and force a game 7 in Orlando. Anything is possible...

I still wish we didn't get screwed by Joe DiRosa and his crew of henchmen in game 2. Think how much brighter things would look for us.

great win, but VC was killin me at times..

I dont get why Bass was playing well in the beginning grabbin boards, takin it to the hoop and then he gets buried in the bench, Bass can hold his own against KG and he can take big baby all day

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by EwingsMagic25:

Now while I will give him credit for making some big shots, and a nice recovery block on dwight, did anyone else notice that weird thing Big Baby did with his tongue after one of his hoops. It was like his tongue was having a seizure and his upper lip took the brunt of it.

Hey EwingsMagic25...here is a gif of the Big Baby tongue thing you were talking about...courtesy of Davcivic.

http://twitpic.com/1qsga3

Live Or Die Magic: thanks for that gif of big baby's tongue exercise...i needed a good laugh to get me through work

with games every other day, the Magic can now get into a shooting rhythm. They just need to keep wining. The longer it goes, the more they will tire.

If I am Doc though, and I see game 5 not going well I sit the starters in the 4rth to try to close the Magic out in Game 6.

Great showing by the Magic

I would like to see less of Carter. They are simply ineffective out there. I almost always expect Vince Carter to turn the ball over or fail in anyway on offense. Lets not forget to mention his defense. For example, he turned over the ball and let Allen get an easy dunk. Even if he was in foul trouble, keeping him off the floor would help more than hurt.

I haven't seen Gortat look so dumb and slow in his entire career. His timing is off and even with his tremendous height and unmatched strength on the court, he still fails to get rebounds and intimidate as a help defender.

Rashard finally scored in double figures and was finally more effective than JJ Redick. He played well to begin the game but slowed down the stretch. I also finally saw some aggressive takes to the rim on isometric plays.

Bass, play him more. I didn't like not seeing him play in the second half. Van Gundy is killing me but at least he gave him a chance for once.

I never complain about Dwight. I wish he would take his time on free throws before he starts his routine.

The officiating? You all saw it. The foul with less contact were called on the Celtic end on offense while the Magic couldn't get the same calls.

Jameer simply has to shoot with confidence every time he plays otherwise he'll be ineffective. He'll always be a shooter first and that is what I expect him to do.