Sign in to follow this  
gporter

Official Gamethread: Magic @ Celtics 5/24 8:30pm ET

The VC criticism is stupid. Nobody mentions that VC played pretty well in game 3 while other players stunk it up. VC was easily one of our top 2 players through the first 3 games. Yeah he stunk in game 4, but everyone on the team has had at least one stinker this series.

And now, a stream of conciousness:

Barnes played great at the start, Redick stopped Celtic runs almost all by himself at times, Ray Allen is gonna give me a heart attack UConn representin' or not, thank God for Dwight Howard.. especially when he decides to rebound and play D, Jameer playing well DIRECTLY leads to Rashard actually having some offensive chances, Pietrus is still just a plain ol' numbskull at times, game was so good, I barely noticed the refs and scorekeeper trying to screw us at every turn, SVG finally used Bass, Bass actually played pretty well and made a few big plays, even Jason Williams was pretty good tonight....

....and I'm not sure Vince Carter or Marcin Gortat could possibly play worse. MAN UP guys, and possibly use the strongest muscle in your body. Your brain.

These were my thoughts during the game, in a nutshell. Just happy the Magic played, uh, Magic basketball and didn't go out like a bunch of punks.

Another game Wednesday~! GO MAGIC~!

This was a well executed game on the part of the Magic. They took Rondo out of his game and stabbed them right in the heart! I was greatly concerned when they got Garnett riled up but the Magic settled down and got back to basics. The only real criticism I had that could have bitten Stan in the butt was not having JJ in the game on Ray Allen when he made those last two 3's. JJ got burned on one shot but watching that play again this morning on ESPN it wasn't as bad as Vince and Barnes getting burned on the two 3's Ray did make.

Magic have to make sure on Wednesday they don't fall back with bad habits.

Great game, even if VC, MP, and Gortat hasn't showed up.

Am I the only one worried about Dwight elbowing Garnett? I really hope there's not suspension on the making, but IMO it's very similar to the Dalambert one last year.

quote:
Originally posted by impulse:

I'm no pro at this but I have been screaming at the TV since the first game of this series...PUSH THE D**N BALL. Nelson walks it up almost every time and allows the Celtics to set their defense and actually get a little rest. The Magic got several easy baskets by pushing the ball up the court and I beleive it took a toll on those old Celtic legs. Do you think fatigue had anything to do with PP bricking those two open 3's in the overtime? Both he and that punk KG were sucking wind in the 4th quarter and the overtime. Yes , VC had another terrible game....the last 5 times he touched the ball resulted in 3 turn overs and two bricks. This is our closer?

That's the plan. Been screaming that for a while. Now imagine if the series continues to stretch on. I'm just glad they found the other ways to draw doubles and finally moved the ball. That's the key to beating a team like the Celtics. They do have weaknesses.

Couple guys shots weren't falling but just be happy with the win. It's an NBA game and it happens.

My "play of the night" was when Nelson pushed the ball after the celts made a basket and within 4 seconds of a made shot, Howard had a monster dunk that shut the crowd up. That was basically a fast break off of a made basket. We can do that all game long, they can't. More please?

quote:
Originally posted by VC_Fan:

The VC criticism is stupid. Nobody mentions that VC played pretty well in game 3 while other players stunk it up. VC was easily one of our top 2 players through the first 3 games. Yeah he stunk in game 4, but everyone on the team has had at least one stinker this series.

Vince is officially worse than Rashard after that 3 point game.

Pat your backs for a second and get back yo work. It wasn't that great of a game anyway. Some serious mental mistakes and missed FTs. A little bit better execution by the Celtics and this is over.

Get to work!

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

quote:
Originally posted by VC_Fan:

Vince is officially worse than Rashard after that 3 point game.

Vince lets the refs take him out of the game when he drives and doesn't get any calls. In a way, it's hard for me to blame him, when he drives over and over, gets knocked around and fouled repeatedly, and doesn't get to the line.

Stop making excuses for Vince!!! This guy is going to ruin our team. We need to bench him for someone...anyone. I'm more than ok with Jameer being our closer with Shard as the second option. I can't trust VC anymore and SVG needs to realize this and put him on the bench.

Now while I will give him credit for making some big shots, and a nice recovery block on dwight, did anyone else notice that weird thing Big Baby did with his tongue after one of his hoops. It was like his tongue was having a seizure and his upper lip took the brunt of it.