Sign in to follow this  
habib11

Rashard's struggles boil down to a few simple truths...

I think it's time for svg to abandon te stretch 4 thing and get Bass in there. If he doesn't Bass is gone and we will lose and have the same team as this year and go nowhere. Unless he trades gortat in which by how he's playing I don't think we should trade him. It's time to let shard go in my book.

You never have point guard before, this year you dont have point forward either. watch boston series last year especially game seven.

If you dont play your own game plan, boston kills you every single game.

Rashard Lewis would be a lot more effective at SF, which is his natural position. I believe he can guard Pierce. I watched him do it in the regular season when we went twin towers and beat Boston.

We could still use Ryan Anderson at 4 for the 3 point threat. We could use Gortat as the backup for 4 and 5.

I think people are wanting to trade and blame Rashard, but honestly Vince is the guy who needs to go. He is super expensive and not sick with the flu..and still playing average.

The Magic could end up shopping Vince and Bass together this summer. There is no reason they should let Barnes or JJ walk.

Barnes can start at SG or come in off the bench with Peaches.

Personally, I believe Redick could start next to Rashard next year. He mad a mistake last night, but he has played great defense this year and is an extremely effective player on the floor.

quote:
Originally posted by habib11:

He just can't consistently create his own buckets. All year his games been dependant on Dwight getting double teamed and the ball movement and open looks that created.

The Celtics almost never double team Dwight. Its great when he's able to drop 30 on them like tonight but when he's not getting doubled it hurts so many guys, especially Shard. Outside of Nelson/Carter everybody was brought in because they fit in around Dwight and their games depend on him.

I have no idea how Shard was able to average like 25 ppg back in Seattle, these days its like he just can't create his own buckets more than once or twice a game. And we should also give KG some credit whose been playing some great D on him.

His problem is the growth on the chin - he has to shave that s*it off if he expects to ever play well again - same with Jameer if he still has that stubble on his chin.

Man I hope SVG will try to put in Bass or Anderson in there just to look if it will work. Im pissed with Rashard in there, he don't want to take a shot and he can't defend. Don't tell me he shut down Garnett beacause he always get help when he's defending Garnett.

Sorry guys...too much defense...also you need a point guard that can create situations and shots for your shooters...Nelson thinks scoring first when he should be thinking how to get Lewis going...but dont worry all is going to be over very soon...Magic are too soft for a real playoff team like Boston....

SEE YOU AT THE FINALS...GO CELTICS!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:

He just can't consistently create his own buckets. All year his games been dependant on Dwight getting double teamed and the ball movement and open looks that created.

The Celtics almost never double team Dwight. Its great when he's able to drop 30 on them like tonight but when he's not getting doubled it hurts so many guys, especially Shard. Outside of Nelson/Carter everybody was brought in because they fit in around Dwight and their games depend on him.

I have no idea how Shard was able to average like 25 ppg back in Seattle, these days its like he just can't create his own buckets more than once or twice a game. And we should also give KG some credit whose been playing some great D on him.

His problem is the growth on the chin - he has to shave that s*it off if he expects to ever play well again - same with Jameer if he still has that stubble on his chin.

Made me lol

quote:

Rashard never averaged 25 PPG in Seattle. His best season was 22.4. Only two other seasons he averaged over 20.

quote:

I have no idea how Shard was able to average like 25 ppg back in Seattle, these days its like he just can't create his own buckets more than once or twice a game.

Two things:

1) He was the first option on offense on those Seattle teams. Ray Allen was playing off of Rashard the last couple seasons there.

2) He was playing small forward and getting tons of mismatches on the low block. He refined his post game, not his spot-up-and-drive game. He is playing a completely different role for the Magic.

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:

He should try to grow it out the side of his face......like Pierce.

Why do you expect so much from Lewis? I expect more but when has Shard ever been able to create his own buckets? When has he ever been able to break a defender's ankle and then hit a step back fade?

It's not what he's ever been known for. He's known for his shooting ability.

and of course he feeds off Dwight in Orlando who gives a F, thats how it's supposed to be. He's a shooter. The reason for his struggles are the fact that Howard cant draw a double against Boston, and KG can guard Lewis with his size and speed.

The only way Lewis can score really is if he uses his slightly quicker step to get around KG. Otherwise he's gonna continue to struggle unless doubles start appearing on Dwight or Vince.