Sign in to follow this  
John the Jerk

Joe Derosa

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

"Similarly, when games got physically rough, we would huddle up and agree to tighten the game up. So we started calling fouls on guys who didn't really matter

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

quote:

"Similarly, when games got physically rough, we would huddle up and agree to tighten the game up. So we started calling fouls on guys who didn't really matter

This is the letter I sent to the league.

As a long time Magic season ticket holder, I was appalled at the action by the officiating crew during game 2 of the ECF in Orlando last night. Obviously the Joe DeRosa ball throwing incident has been well documented, but there are other incidents I would like to highlight.

Bill Kennedy seemed to get his feeling hurt when he called a third foul on Vince Carter. When Carter is all the way across the floor by the Magic bench, he made a whatever hand gesture the Kennedy took great offense to and assessed Carter a technical foul.

Later in the game after, the DeRosa incident (which btw is one of the most unprofessional things I have ever seem an official do and if that were a player they would be crushed by the league) when JJ Redick called for a time out with 3.5 seconds left in the game, Kennedy then gets verbally engaged with another fan in the front row. It was a rather spirited and animated conversation. We all know, nothing good can come from this type of interaction especially given the circumstances. These two officials have shown that they cannot handle the postseason atmosphere and need sat down before a bigger incident unfolds at the feet of their unprofessionalism.

quote:

quote:

quote:

If I thought it would do any good I would send an e-mail myself. But this stuff has been going on for YEARS and there's still been no change. What makes any of ya'll think that this incident is where they decide to make changes?? We just need to get ready for Saturday, and hopefully shoot lights out, cause that's what it's going to take.

quote:

True. And when he finally gets the message and leaves...I will be gone too. The NBA is a joke.

Edit: this is not to say that I am a Dwight fan only. I have been a fan of this franchise since I moved here just over 16 years ago. Followed them through the "heart and hustle" days, thought we might have something when T-Mac and Grant Hill were here. But, if we lose our franchise player again (because we are a small market team, and thus undeserving of having marquee talent), I will be done. I'll just follow the Lightning during the NFL offseason...

Don't completely lose hope yet, man.

Cleveland looks to be crashing down and soon hopefully Boston's key players, apart from Rondo, will fossilize. Maybe next year we'll have a better shot, and our team will have had time to build chemistry together. Maybe Dwight will be even better. Maybe Kobe will retire and play tennis or something.