Sign in to follow this  
Miller4Prez64

Cavs fire Mike Brown

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Bucher is saying it isn't true, but I don't buy it. What is the point of the presser coming up then?

Not you too! Why you choose to use your powers for evil instead of good, I'll never understand.

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Bucher is saying it isn't true, but I don't buy it. What is the point of the presser coming up then?

Not you too! Why you choose to use your powers for evil instead of good, I'll never understand.

Whoever started using that word should be forced to have unholy and unnatural biological connections with the person who first started the use of "it is what is is."

quote:
I don't think Magic fans realize how rare it is to have a superstar like Dwight who accepts public criticism from his coach w/o pouting.

When in Sports it is logical to have a PLAYER that does not obey his coach's orders?

I am not saying it has not happened. Penny, Shaq, LeBron, it happens in every sports and in every circumstances.

But dont you think this is the WAY IT SHOULD BE, and not the other way around? I mean, accepting the coach decisions is imperative for the players. Coach outranks players. If not, what is the point of having one?

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

I wondered about this....but not until AFTER I'd deleted the game from DVR. Glad to hear the confirmation. This makes me feel much better about Brown.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Watching this entire series, it's been obvious this team had something toxic going on behind the scenes. Brown called LeBron out more than once during this series & LeBrons effort at times was laughable, coincidence?

I don't think Magic fans realize how rare it is to have a superstar like Dwight who accepts public criticism from his coach w/o pouting.

Brown might be a horrible coach, but he doesn't strike me as a quitter.

The (Ha-ha)interesting(?) part to me is that I expected an internal meltdown and lockerroom revolt, but I expected it to he Shaq driven. Oddly enough, it seems to be LeBron driven, and Shaq seemed to be the one not effected by it. Now, maybe I'm wrong, but that's just how it seemed to me.

I don't think Brown is a terrible coach or a quiter. I'm suggesting he challenged his players ala SVG, they quit on him, and Shaq appeared to be right in the middle of that questioning his coaches decisions.

IMO, Brown wasn't the right coach for the team, but Ferry set him up to fail by giving a defensive minded coach a new starting front court that made their defense extremely exploitable.

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

quote:

When in Sports it is logical to have a PLAYER that does not obey his coach's orders?

I am not saying it has not happened. Penny, Shaq, LeBron, it happens in every sports and in every circumstances.

But dont you think this is the WAY IT SHOULD BE, and not the other way around? I mean, accepting the coach decisions is imperative for the players. Coach outranks players. If not, what is the point of having one?

Theoretically, I agree w/you, but I've never been one for blind loyalty either. Authority doesn't automatically = respect. Trust is a two way street. It's human nature if you don't respect your coach or don't think he has your best interests in mind to resist or revolt. At the very least, you don't sell out for him. Buying in requires more than a whistle, it requires respect & trust.

Some players are flat out uncoachable. Kobe is one. Phil Jackson's role is managing a team around around a prima donna.

its not offical yet

Gilbert: Cavs still evaluating coach Brown's future

Posted May 14 2010 3:19PM

CLEVELAND (AP) -- The Cleveland Cavaliers are keeping coach Mike Brown -- for now.

Team owner Dan Gilbert refuted a report Friday that Brown had been fired.

"That's not true," he said during a news conference. "We are right now just going through the evaluation process

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/0...html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

but really when you have the best record in the league 2 years running and fail to make it to the championship series then the writing is on wall. even more so when you exit earlier than the previous year.