Sign in to follow this  
Miller4Prez64

Cavs fire Mike Brown

quote:
SI's Chris Mannix is reporting that the Cavs have fired coach Mike Brown.

Press conferences are set for later in the day when it will likely become official. Brown will join Mike Woodson in a job search, but neither is assured of getting another head coaching job for next season. May. 14 - 1:27 pm et

Probably a year late on this.

quote:

Press conferences are set for later in the day when it will likely become official. Brown will join Mike Woodson in a job search, but neither is assured of getting another head coaching job for next season. May. 14 - 1:27 pm et

Probably a year late on this.

quote:

I didn't notice it last night, but I saw it on Sportscenter while I was home for lunch... that last minute of play when everyone was wondering why Cleveland wasn't fouling and pushing the ball, MB was on teh sidelines screaming at them telling them to foul. They completely ignored him.

I think LeBron fired him at half time of game 5.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

I didn't notice it last night, but I saw it on Sportscenter while I was home for lunch... that last minute of play when everyone was wondering why Cleveland wasn't fouling and pushing the ball, MB was on teh sidelines screaming at them telling them to foul. They completely ignored him.

I wondered about this....but not until AFTER I'd deleted the game from DVR. Glad to hear the confirmation. This makes me feel much better about Brown.

quote:

quote:

Watching this entire series, it's been obvious this team had something toxic going on behind the scenes. Brown called LeBron out more than once during this series & LeBrons effort at times was laughable, coincidence?

I don't think Magic fans realize how rare it is to have a superstar like Dwight who accepts public criticism from his coach w/o pouting.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

I wondered about this....but not until AFTER I'd deleted the game from DVR. Glad to hear the confirmation. This makes me feel much better about Brown.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Watching this entire series, it's been obvious this team had something toxic going on behind the scenes. Brown called LeBron out more than once during this series & LeBrons effort at times was laughable, coincidence?

I don't think Magic fans realize how rare it is to have a superstar like Dwight who accepts public criticism from his coach w/o pouting.

Brown might be a horrible coach, but he doesn't strike me as a quitter.

The (Ha-ha)interesting(?) part to me is that I expected an internal meltdown and lockerroom revolt, but I expected it to he Shaq driven. Oddly enough, it seems to be LeBron driven, and Shaq seemed to be the one not effected by it. Now, maybe I'm wrong, but that's just how it seemed to me.

quote:

The (Ha-ha)interesting(?) part to me is that I expected an internal meltdown and lockerroom revolt, but I expected it to he Shaq driven. Oddly enough, it seems to be LeBron driven, and Shaq seemed to be the one not effected by it. Now, maybe I'm wrong, but that's just how it seemed to me.

So far, not much has come out about Shaq...at least from what I've read. It is possible that stuff will come out eventually. But for now, I'm thinking that Shaq realizes that if he just keeps his mouth shut (for once), he may be able to totally fly under the radar on this one.