Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Buh-Bye, Cleveland

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

1. Even though Cleveland is playing like crap, would still rather play Boston. We'd have home court and not have to play 5 on 8.

2. Stern will blame the Cavs, not LeBron, for the meltdown and will be given a clean slate with his new team.

25397tin_foil_shazam.png

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

quote:

1. Even though Cleveland is playing like crap, would still rather play Boston. We'd have home court and not have to play 5 on 8.

2. Stern will blame the Cavs, not LeBron, for the meltdown and will be given a clean slate with his new team.

25397tin_foil_shazam.png

You should learn the meaning of pics before you post them. The question was "Would Howard and Orlando move to the top of Stern's wish list because of Boston's age and LeBron's meltdown?"

My answer is no, for reasons being that he would blame the Cavs (because the supporting cast sucks) and not LeBron for losing this series, and be given a clean slate with his new team (meaning whatever team he is on will be at the top of Stern's wish list).

Did I simplify that enough for you? Try reading slower.

quote:

quote:

quote:

25397tin_foil_shazam.png

You should learn the meaning of pics before you post them. The question was "Would Howard and Orlando move to the top of Stern's wish list because of Boston's age and LeBron's meltdown?"

My answer is no, for reasons being that he would blame the Cavs (because the supporting cast sucks) and not LeBron for losing this series, and be given a clean slate with his new team (meaning whatever team he is on will be at the top of Stern's wish list).

No, please simplify more.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

25397tin_foil_shazam.png

No, please simplify more.

This is payback to Stern for shunning the Magic on Christmas Day from a repeat of the championship match-up with the Lakers.

Lebron came in promising the world and seems to be coming up way too short. The look on the Cavs fans faces was priceless.

quote:
"I spoil a lot of people with my play," James said in one of the few borderline candid comments he made in his postgame interview. "When you have a bad game here or there, you've had three bad games in a seven-year career, then it's easy to point that out. So you got to be better.

From Lebron. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. He looked so bad last night because he is simply too good. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Kinda reminds me of Shaq's last series with Orlando...

I was thinking the same thing. I really feel for the Cle fans on this one because it really looks like the guy has been setting up for this all year.

Think about it, I play a fantastic regular season so there can be no doubt that I was trying my hardest, then once the playoffs start I pick up this phantom injury. Then I wait for a legitimate team to go against in the playoffs before I take a dive. My supporting cast fails (again) and I can't do anything about it because of my injury so now I have an excuse to leave and go to an organization that will put a real supporting cast around me. Shaq used the excuse of not feeling loved money wise and the Sentinel poll, now Lebron has his excuse so he can come out smelling like roses.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Kinda reminds me of Shaq's last series with Orlando...

I was thinking the same thing. I really feel for the Cle fans on this one because it really looks like the guy has been setting up for this all year.

Think about it, I play a fantastic regular season so there can be no doubt that I was trying my hardest, then once the playoffs start I pick up this phantom injury. Then I wait for a legitimate team to go against in the playoffs before I take a dive. My supporting cast fails (again) and I can't do anything about it because of my injury so now I have an excuse to leave and go to an organization that will put a real supporting cast around me. Shaq used the excuse of not feeling loved money wise and the Sentinel poll, now Lebron has his excuse so he can come out smelling like roses.

If the Cleveland forums indicate how the fan-base feels as a whole, then Lebron's exit now will be about him going to another team that appreciates him It's simply PR genius.

I can't remember where I read this but someone wrote that Lebron was focused on becoming the first athelete-billionaire. If that is true, to me that would mean his focus is on business and not so much on winning a title now. Think about how much he does for his brand, his image. The guy is smart, if he can find a way to protect that image while creating even more business opportunities wouldn't it look something like what he is doing now?

I think Lebron realizes that Danny Ferry really has no idea what he is doing. For the last 5 years all he is done is pick up over-rated or over hill players that other teams no longer want.

Shaq and Jamison couldn't even get their former teams in the playoffs last year.

Another problem is Mike Brown is an awful game coach to the point that Doc Rivers is coaching circles around him.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

I think Lebron realizes that Danny Ferry really has no idea what he is doing. For the last 5 years all he is done is pick up over-rated or over hill players that other teams no longer want.

Shaq and Jamison couldn't even get their former teams in the playoffs last year.

Another problem is Mike Brown is an awful game coach to the point that Doc Rivers is coaching circles around him.

Completely agree. Without Lebron the Cavs are a hurtin' bunch.