Sign in to follow this  
Sir Raven

We're Better without Carter..

I think we were in January, but not anymore. Carter knows that his role is not to be the primary scorer anymore. I think he took 1 shot yesterday in the first half and if he didn't...it looked that way. Lewis, Howard and Nelson had the hot hand and Carter took a step back to let them run the show. Then he took over in the second half.

Pre-Jan Vince, I would say yes. But apparently Skip has not been watching us since then (not surprising).

Vince has adjusted and now understands his role on this team. He doesn't need to carry this team, just play within the offense.

If Skip said it then it must be true.

"Skip Bayless is still not convinced that Vince Carter and the Orlando Magic are the best tandem in the Eastern Conference. He preferred Rafer Alston and Hedo Turko controlling the half-court and playing defense on Lebron last season, in which the Magic won the Eastern Conference title"

He sad he prefer Hedu from defensive standpoint to guard LeBron ? Hedu instead Barnes/Peaches ? In wildest dreams I wouldn't guess it could be a reasonable argument.

About Alston, from pure defensive standpoint again it could make sense as a better fit against Rondo but against any other Eeastern starting PGs Nelson doesn't have any bigger matchup disadvantage, same against Lakers PGs.

But overall when you add amazing things Meer was dooing offensively so far in the playoffs calling Alston better fit is ridiculous.

Skip Bayless aside-I thought Vince made us worse in the first half of yesterdays game, but much better in the second half of the game.

It does seem to be feast or famine with him. He makes some crazy shots, but misses wide open shots a lot too.