Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

Chat Day- Thorpedo and Johnny Hollinger

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

fellas, 1 game. Yeah, we'll win the series, but the next round won't be easy.

Cavs swept their first 2 rounds last season too.

Omg but did you see who they played againsT!!!???

quote:
Jdizzle (Los Angeles)

do you believe the Magic were wrong for booing David Stern?

David Thorpe (12:14 PM)

Yes. What has he done wrong? I thought it smacked of fans who are not locked in to the reality of the league.

See, I think it showed the opposite, that Magic fans are up on what is going on around the league.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

Here we go...

quote:
Mike (Pa)

Coach Thorpe, I'm a Hawks fan. Can you give me anything positive to take away from that game last night?

David Thorpe (12:29 PM)

It will all be over soon.

i like this 1

quote:

Exactly what I was thinking last night.

quote:

Whats funny is on DDl and other sites Cav's fans have been playing up our " easy " road the ECF's this year. Completely forgetting they had that last year and we still beat them.

quote:
Originally posted by Guitarzan:

quote:

Whats funny is on DDl and other sites Cav's fans have been playing up our " easy " road the ECF's this year. Completely forgetting they had that last year and we still beat them.

The 'easy' road is a very weak argument. The Cavs could have gone to 7 games against Detroit and Atlanta last year and it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the Orlando series.

The Cavs were still relying on Delonte West to cover Hedu, Z and Varejao to try and cover Howard, and Ben Wallace to cover Rashard. Orlando could beat the Cavs inside or outside last year. The Magic were the better team, it had nothing to do with the fact that the Cavs had an easy road.

The only chance the Cavs had last year was the Magic going cold from 3. That didn't happen.

Cavs fans use the 'easy' road argument to make themselves feel better about the Cavs chances against Orlando. The Magic are very good. The amount of games they play to make the ECF is irrelevant.

quote:
Originally posted by MMacOH:

quote:
Originally posted by Guitarzan:

quote:

The 'easy' road is a very weak argument. The Cavs could have gone to 7 games against Detroit and Atlanta last year and it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the Orlando series.

The Cavs were still relying on Delonte West to cover Hedu, Z and Varejao to try and cover Howard, and Ben Wallace to cover Rashard. Orlando could beat the Cavs inside or outside last year. The Magic were the better team, it had nothing to do with the fact that the Cavs had an easy road.

The only chance the Cavs had last year was the Magic going cold from 3. That didn't happen.

Cavs fans use the 'easy' road argument to make themselves feel better about the Cavs chances against Orlando. The Magic are very good. The amount of games they play to make the ECF is irrelevant.

right. i've never seen a coach ask his players to lose a few games so that they can get to the finals.

It only becomes a problem when the players get smug and overlook their next opponent. You can make the case that the cavs overlooked us last year but neither team will make that mistake this year.

Not to mention even if we weren't (possibly) playing the Cavs next round Stan isn't the type of coach that lets our guys rest on their laurels.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

right. i've never seen a coach ask his players to lose a few games so that they can get to the finals.

It only becomes a problem when the players get smug and overlook their next opponent. You can make the case that the cavs overlooked us last year but neither team will make that mistake this year.

Not to mention even if we weren't (possibly) playing the Cavs next round Stan isn't the type of coach that lets our guys rest on their laurels.

I am pretty sure the Cavs are currently over looking the Celtics in the same smug way.

Stan is an excellent coach. He did an excellent job last year of keeping the Magic in both Game 1 and 2 in Cleveland when the Cavs jumped out to big leads. Good thing Donovan changed his mind huh?

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Jdizzle (Los Angeles)

Yes. What has he done wrong? I thought it smacked of fans who are not locked in to the reality of the league.

See, I think it showed the opposite, that Magic fans are up on what is going on around the league.

Beat me to it. It's almost like after the Kings/Lakers series everyone was hit with one of those memory blanks from Men In Black except for Magic fans. All of sports are ****ed up right now, football has a racist commissioner, basketball has a commissioner fixing games ("allegedly"), and baseball has a commissioner who has no clue what's going on.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Jdizzle (Los Angeles)

Well, he may be referencing to the slight possibility that a lot of games may be fixed for the refs who are gambling on it, and have nothing to do with Stern. You know, you could understand the refs giving an edge to the Cavs/Celtics if they're going against the Magic, but the Bobcats/Hawks? Stern gains nothing from having the Bobcats/Hawks winning and the Magic losing.

Now, the refs may have gambled on those games and sure enough there IS tempo control, and most people can agree to that (unless the game is completely out of hand. See: Game 1 against the Hawks). But the refs may be trying to get the game to a desirable result of over/under.

I do agree with the booing though, because Stern does not hold ANY refs accountable for what they do (as far as we know). I don't know exactly how hard it is to get refs nowadays, but it seems like Stern is more scared of these refs than they are of him.