Sign in to follow this  
Chase

Is our road to the Finals too easy this year?

Ok first nothing is set in stone but I was absoloutly SHOCKED to wake up this morning and to find out the Hawks lost :o

Now lets just ASSUME that the Bucks will win game 6 which propels them into a round 2 matchup against us. I can see us beating them in 5 but will it be too easy for us if we end up playing either Boston or the Cavs in the ECF?(Most likely the Cavs)

I know were a mentally tough team but that thought is bothering me. What do you guys think?

Ok first nothing is set in stone but I was absoloutly SHOCKED to wake up this morning and to find out the Hawks lost :o

Now lets just ASSUME that the Bucks will win game 6 which propels them into a round 2 matchup against us. I can see us beating them in 5 but will it be too easy for us if we end up playing either Boston or the Cavs in the ECF?(Most likely the Cavs)

I know were a mentally tough team but that thought is bothering me. What do you guys think?

As has been stated numerous times before, the Bobcats series was by no means "easy". They gave us a hell of a fight, and proved to be a very good defensive team. The series was a lot closer than the 4-0 score indicates.

We also don't know for sure how we will fare against the Bucks. The Hawks may very well win the series, so we don't know who we'll be playing yet, anyway.

I don't see the downside of having an easy first two rounds, if that ends up being the case. In the end, we are going to have to defeat any team placed before us, and I'd rather not hear excuses.

Never know until we play the games. Even if we get the Bucks, who knows, maybe Jennings will be unstoppable on us too.

the bobcats were by no means easy. the fact is this team has many weapons and when focused can beat any team. they took howard and vc out but nelson took over and was the mvp. the bobcats can't shoot. it could have been much more difficult. the bucks can score but have no answer for howard. i see the magic in 5. it is a long season. a little rest might be a good thing.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

If we had last year's first round, we'd be tired. If we have an easy past, we won't be battle tested.

can't win.

I think we needed to face that adversity against Philly last year, as it helped us raise our level of play against the Celtics. Then the Celtics helped us raise our level of play to a point where we beat CLE. I'm concerned about our cupcake matchup in the next round, for fear of us not reaching our potential against CLE/BOS.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Just ask our star player if our first round series was easy.

JJ? Yeah, he struggled with the crowd booing.

quote:
Originally posted by Arex Bawrin:

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

If we had last year's first round, we'd be tired. If we have an easy past, we won't be battle tested.

can't win.

I think we needed to face that adversity against Philly last year, as it helped us raise our level of play against the Celtics. Then the Celtics helped us raise our level of play to a point where we beat CLE. I'm concerned about our cupcake matchup in the next round, for fear of us not reaching our potential against CLE/BOS.

We should have killed Philly last year, and Boston should not have gone to 7. This team learned what it takes to win in the playoffs last season, and what you see now is the result of that experience. A team doesn't need to relearn the same lessons every season.

Like jec said, just because we swept the Bobcats, doesn't mean the series was easy. We as fans could see with our own two eyes that the Magic had to fight hard both defensively and offensively on every posession. Not only that, but they had to overcome Dwight's foul trouble and Vince's lack of offense early in the series.

Am I confident we can handle either team we face next round? Absolutely. On paper we should dominate both of them. But will they be easy? I highly doubt it. Nothing will.