Sign in to follow this  
Chase

Official appreciation Thread for Jameer Nelson AKA MIGHTY MOUSE

Has Junkie even posted in a thread since his failed attempt to start a "bash Carter" thread?

BTW, this seems as good a place as any to point this out. Did anyone else find it interesting (ha-ha) that BJ waited until after Game 1 to post comments that Bill Simmons made several days earlier? Carter has a poor game, all systems go for incinerary Carter thread!

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

Thuglife? Ball Junkie? Where art thou?

Those two guys make me sick.

Jameer is the MVP of this series. Hands down the best player on the team right now.

Imagine if J-Will was running our offense. We would be down right now in the series. He's a DECENT backup, NOTHING else.

I was thinking the same thing about ball junkie in particular. What a lame excuse for a magic fan.

Every player on our team has had ups and downs, Jameer is playing godly. The good things are that we manage to win even when some players are playing bad and every slump has its ending.

Howard and VC have been slowed down and are struggling against the Bobcats D (which surprises me with Howard most) a lot.

Rashard has been solid

but Jameer stepped up the most. and is MVP of series so far and has had 2 huge games. Even tho he was not clutch at all both times.

I wanna get through this series in 4 so bad right now so we can get Howard and Vince back on track. Jameer cant be expected to shoot this well all Playoffs. And if he is having another huge night, dont do what u did last couple minutes.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

Howard and VC have been slowed down and are struggling against the Bobcats D (which surprises me with Howard most) a lot.

Rashard has been solid

but Jameer stepped up the most. and is MVP of series so far and has had 2 huge games. Even tho he was not clutch at all both times.

I wanna get through this series in 4 so bad right now so we can get Howard and Vince back on track. Jameer cant be expected to shoot this well all Playoffs. And if he is having another huge night, dont do what u did last couple minutes.

You just can't help yourself, can you? Even when you try to pay Jameer a compliment you have to include a couple of barbs.

The bottom line is that we don't win this game without Jameer playing at the level that he did. That is the definition of "clutch".

Jameer and Rashard (and shard most certainly has as well with the limited shots he gets) is a direct result of the Bobcats expelling everything they have to stop Howard and Vince. Van Gundy even said it in the post game that he believes it has nothing to do with Howard and Vince playing bad, and everything to do with the defense being geared to stop them.

This will not continue on in the next series. The Evans, Johnson, and Williams can't put that same kind of pressure on Vince. Josh Smith on the other hand can bother Rashard. And they only have one backup for Horford in Zaza, and they cant afford for Horford to wast fouls on Dwight.

I do however expect Jameer to stay hot. I mean come on... Bibby, Crawford? What the heck will they be doing to stop him?

Ya that's a good point. The defense has been doubling Howard and VC often, and have been doing a good job defending and planning for Howard and Carter.

while Felton on the other hand has been schooled by Jameer this series.

I expect Jameer to stay hot as well. I mean look at this.

Bibby next? then Ho-Mo?

Jameer needs to stay aggressive this Eastern playoff run, no East team in this playoffs really has an answer for Jameer besides the Bulls (that wouldnt be good for Jameer at all, but I'd take The Bulls!! duh) and the Bucks.

and Emory: no need to get worked up. Jameer did screw up at the end of games 1 and 3. It's just what happened, but we wouldnt have won G3 without Jameer thats for sure. What a night.