Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

Game Thread: Magic v Bobcats Game 3 - 4/24 - First Round

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

lol @ at the jordan hate in this thread..

I really got the impression that he was trying to get that playoff feeling back. I can't help but wonder if this is going to be a deterrent when the Bobcats start the interview process for Brown's replacement. Somebody is going to have to deal with Jordan sitting on the bench as if he was a part of the coaching staff.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

ballhog won the game

I wish you would get hit by a bus and put all of us out of our misery.

sky i thought your stock down was a little tough but after that game i understand. as you know i am not a big nelson fan however he is doing a great job in this series. they would be lost without him. larry huges is a one night rodeo. he got lucky. will not happen again. jj and howard lost it but they have been getting killed on the calls.

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

WOW ACTION JACKSON call the fashion police and boil the pork! Craig Sager is proud and dancing!

captain_jack_small91.png

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Dwight Howard. (I greatly appreciate his fourth quarter play before he fouled out.. but c'mon guys. We can't really blame the refs for foul trouble this time. His first foul and fifth foul were complete bullcrap, yes. But his 2 or 3 offensive fouls and final foul on Felton were just plain silly, if not ignorant. Not to mention the technical.. shut UP already. He's GOT to be smarter on his part to stay away from these kinds of self-inflicted wounds, especially once the Magic start playing against better teams. Also the free throw shooting and turnovers leave something to be desired.

I completely disagree with this. No one on this planet is going to convince me that Chandler grabbing Dwight's arm (which is how Dwight picked up two of his offensive fouls), Dwight ripping his arm out of Chandler's hands, should somehow be a offensive foul on Dwight. I'm sorry. That is completely absurd. I'll go ahead and play devil's advocate though. Lets say that you are correct and the offensive fouls on Dwight were his fault. By your own admission, you think Dwight picked up two fouls that were complete crap which means he wouldn't have spent the majority of this game in foul trouble.

It's real easy to criticize Dwight for being inmature. We aren't the ones that have had to put up with 3 straight games of getting grabbed and hacked and then getting fouls on calls that are nothing short of complete crap. If I were him, I probably would have gone postal on someone by this point.

Agreed. There are times that Dwight could use the grow up speech but not here. He can't control what they are doing to him in this series. I fear every time he lifts his arms, 2-3 Bobcats will flop to the floor. Also a lot of guys didn't play well in the first half (Dwight included). It happens. But I think the mental toughness and defense shown in that second half was enough to get them all a "stock" boost. I know offense is big in forming perception, but it's not the only aspect to the game. Mentally these guys tuned in after half and played together and brought this one home. Congrats to all of them!!!!!

i had to work today so i missed the entire game...but i was there in highlights spirit..and i dvr'd the game(never the same feelin tho)so i will watch and give my assessments later...but great win on the road guys...by the first half alone i can tell these refs are tryin hard to stick it to Howard....but jameer is really holdin us together...like i said i feel he wants to make up for last year big time....

feels great bein the 2nd team undefeated in the playoffs right now....GO MAGIC!!

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

ballhog won the game

You are a idiot! Really wish you would go away and never come back!

GO MAGIC!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Dwight Howard. (I greatly appreciate his fourth quarter play before he fouled out.. but c'mon guys. We can't really blame the refs for foul trouble this time. His first foul and fifth foul were complete bullcrap, yes. But his 2 or 3 offensive fouls and final foul on Felton were just plain silly, if not ignorant. Not to mention the technical.. shut UP already. He's GOT to be smarter on his part to stay away from these kinds of self-inflicted wounds, especially once the Magic start playing against better teams. Also the free throw shooting and turnovers leave something to be desired.

I completely disagree with this. No one on this planet is going to convince me that Chandler grabbing Dwight's arm (which is how Dwight picked up two of his offensive fouls), Dwight ripping his arm out of Chandler's hands, should somehow be a offensive foul on Dwight. I'm sorry. That is completely absurd. I'll go ahead and play devil's advocate though. Lets say that you are correct and the offensive fouls on Dwight were his fault. By your own admission, you think Dwight picked up two fouls that were complete crap which means he wouldn't have spent the majority of this game in foul trouble.

It's real easy to criticize Dwight for being inmature. We aren't the ones that have had to put up with 3 straight games of getting grabbed and hacked and then getting fouls on calls that are nothing short of complete crap. If I were him, I probably would have gone postal on someone by this point.

I was talking about the two offensive fouls where he swung his elbow out in the post and they were CLEARLY and objectively offensive fouls. Not referee screwjobs. Also on his sixth foul where he CLEARLY fouled Raymond Felton on the arm. He's got to let him go, even if its a layup in a close game.

The Chandler play is the one of two fouls that I thought were the usual ref b.s. But I'm sorry, he earned at least three if not all four of the others and he HAS to be smarter than that! I'm not defending the two bad calls, I'm saying the blame needs to go mostly to Dwight tonight, rather than the fact that it was clearly the refs, refs, and refs again in the first two games of the series.

1. It's not ALWAYS the referee's fault. Sometimes, oh my gosh, it's Dwight's fault.

2. He's been in this league too long, and he should know better by now. It's 2010, not 2005.

That's my opinion, but I'm pretty sure I'm not wrong. Honestly though, I blame SVG more for the way he rotated Dwight than even Dwight himself.