Sign in to follow this  
SmackDaddy

Official referee venting thread.

Way over the top fines. You can't even hint towards referee bias.

I feel bad for Barnes, that was no where near a 35000 comment.

Can't wait for Stern to no longer be commissioner. Maybe then we can get a leader who cares about the quality of the game more then protecting his own interests and blowing China.

RE: Stan & Matty being fined

The NBA can't fine basket-ball FANS for telling it like it is!

You know just HOW outrageous this issue is when OTHER team's fans notice & comment on the disparity of how often the officials call fouls on Dwight--let alone WHAT they call fouls--it's pretty **** obvious something shady is going on. EVEN THE ANNOUNCERS MENTION IT!

And to add insult to injury: IF Dwight even FROWNS after a foul call & he gets a stinkin' TECH--other players charge the refs, whining, disputing, YELLING about a foul call.....and what? What happens? ****crickets chirping**** VERY LITTLE & VERY SELDOM. (Can anyone say: WALLACE??)

I, for one, was immensely PROUD of Stan & Matty for saying what they said--& face it, it was pretty mild compared to what they could've said. The NBA's tactics are reminiscent of a dictatorship rather than a SPORTS organization!

I don't understand the fines, especially when the things said are pretty minor. It just compounds the image problem the NBA has with its officiating.

Stern called out Stan

"It's corrosive," Stern said. "It's corrosive, and because of the pressure cooker that is the NBA playoffs, over the years I've let it go, but when you hear a Chicago coach say, 'Oh, they're doing it because' ... or, 'This game was lost because NBC wants an extra game,' and you hear a New York coach say, 'Well, what are you going to do? [Michael] Jordan gets all the calls.'

"Or you hear a Stan Van Gundy do what he wants to say and then the players join in. We know, inside the community, what it's meant to do, so, 'OK, it's playoff time, everyone's crazy so back off,' but, if I had to do it again, I would stop it and the price wouldn't be a modest $35,000 fine. It would be whatever a day's pay is and then two days pay and then a week's pay.

"And if someone wants to try me in the rest of these playoffs, you know, make my day because the game is too important and I don't think that the people who trash it are respecting it and we'll do what we have to do -- to players and coaches alike."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-...ews/story?id=5127532