Sign in to follow this  
SmackDaddy

Official referee venting thread.

Put me in the "bad at their jobs" camp. One guy in particular, the little guy with the cheezy mustache that was wearing 43 last game is clueless. Every game of ours I've seen this guy ref this year has been an unorganized mess with no flow to it. I can't believe they let this guy ref in the playoffs.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

Marc i know that sig is legendary but dont you think its time to revise it a bit and switch sheed up with LBJ?

I can't bring myself to do it, Sheed will always be the biggest villain we have ever had to deal with.

That and it is a tremendous pain in the rear to alter 30-40 frames. Maybe this off season I will come up with a new one.

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

After the Magic took a 21pt lead three minutes into the second half, it seemed as though the momentum was quickly drained from our team. In the ensuing 5 minutes (9 possessions for CHA) the Magic were whistled for 8 fouls and one technical (putting both Howard and VC in foul trouble) resulting in 12 Bobcats FTs.

some people are too quick to at time to blame the refs when you look at this quote it could be one of 4 things

1) the refs-- highly likly but not 100% them.

2) fatigue-- players being left out too long getting tired and lazy

3) attitude--- get up big stop working hard, rasie out of stance

4) the other side makes an adjustment to waht they are doing and exploit a match up or an area of weakness in our rotations.

how often this year have we watched the other team get aggressive and attack the rim drawing foul after foul on us and yet we just launch long range shot after long range shot with out testing the whistle at the other end of the floor.

i do think the refs are corrupt and do favour certain teams but i dont feel they are out to get us game in game out, we just have to learn to adjust to whos calling our game night in night out.

There are definitely different elements to the changes in momentum. The refs being bad at their jobs is only one.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Put me in the "bad at their jobs" camp. One guy in particular, the little guy with the cheezy mustache that was wearing 43 last game is clueless. Every game of ours I've seen this guy ref this year has been an unorganized mess with no flow to it. I can't believe they let this guy ref in the playoffs.

lol

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

Consistency is my thing as well.

Gerald Wallace cannot literally jump on Ryan Anderson's back and get a jump ball call and then have a whistle against Vince for a phantom touch foul on the other end.

I also think it is up to players to take advantage. If you see that Gerald Wallace is getting continual foul calls by driving to the basket then our guys need to be doing the same thing. Force the refs to make a call in your favor.

Most if not all NBA teams tend to let up when they get those 15-20 point leads and often times you will see the scores get back down into single digits. It is usually a combo of the refs, the team down being the aggressor, and lackadaisical play by the team with the lead.

Also having an intimidating home court helps as well. Refs are terrified to make key calls in places like Portland and Utah because the fans are on top of them and they get intimidated.

yep!!!!! come on!!!!!

It's also what you can see, in real-time. Granted, this is their job, but keep in mind that "Professional" basketball players, at least the stars, know how to make a non-call look like a call. And being a star? Means the ref is paying attention, too.

The 20-point swing in the last game was due more to our guys slacking off with a big lead, and...oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that LARRY-FREAKING-BROWN is their coach, than any grand NBA conspiracy.

Were there some bad calls? Yeah, a couple, but Dwight needs to learn Durant's trick of sweeping his shot through and get better at his ****ing free throws.

It's like the old saying about baseball umpires. "I never question their calls, just their eye sight". Same can be said for basketball refs.