Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official Game Thread: Magic vs. Kittens Game 1 4/18 5:30p

quote:
Originally posted by Darrell_Armstrong:

The NBA . . . where jump ball (?) happens.

lol, yea couldn't believe that either.

I guess jumpball happens when

A. You both have possession of the Ball

or

B. Elbowing/Bodyslamming the opposing player that has possession of the ball.

i was at the game and it seemed like the refs really sucked. oh well. despite that, one down and three to go in this series.

vince was so off last night. he was short on all of his shots; i couldn't tell if it was nerves or if he just wasnt' feeling it. he needs to figure it out b/c those are the shots he's gonna get in game 2.

CHA is not going to give anything in the paint; that's their game plan. as long as we are knocking down threes we will win, but if we hit a cold spell one game it will be an L. that's probably the main reason RA got the call over B-Bass.

dwight was awesome except for the FTs and the one stupid foul. he makes each and every one of his teammates better on both ends of the court. the ball needs to keep going inside to him to open up the 3 for everyone else. when that stopped last night (too much dribbling, dwight out b/c of fouls, etc.) the offense was weak. offensively, dwight needs to be ready to make the right pass out of the double-teams.

i almost felt like we lost the game when i left the arena last night. part of that is b/c this i've been spoiled by this team. i need to keep reminding myself how good we have it.

bottom line, it doesn't matter how you get them, just get Ws in the playoffs.

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

Three of our starters were completely invisible tonight with barnes at 0%, Dwight with 5 points and 1 of 6 from the line and Carter shooting 21% from the field. Three of our key bench players were pretty bad also in Gortat, Anderson and Jwill.

As bad as these guys played tonight offensively we lead by double digits most of the way. No way all these guys suck so bad at the same time again.

If they can't get us on a night where our two biggest offensive weapons are nowhere to be found and in foul trouble all night then I really feel sorry for the Bobcats from here on out.

Their starting 5 shot a great percentage. All 3 of their main guys played well in Wallace, who had a monster game, Felton and Jackson. I don't see much room for improvement from any of their guys.

Although what you said was true, it kinda goes the same way for Charlotte...I don't see Jameer going for 30+ again in the series...

Dwight absolutely manhandled them inside on defense, with what, 8-9 blocks?? I don't see him getting that many blocks again in the series...

Larry Brown can outcoach anyone in the NBA, and I'm sure he will have a better gameplan for game 2. Not saying it will work, but he will make some adjustments...If I was you guys, I would worry about Vince...Jackson is a matchup problem for him, as he is taller, and as quick/quicker, with as much strength...Hughes is also a solid perimeter defender, so Carter shouldn't have huge numbers at all. Expect him to put up mediocre performances the rest of the series.

Other than that, Pietrus played lights out, that's not guaranteed to happen again, although it did in the ECF...

IMO, both teams had things happen that don't normally happen. I don't think Pietrus and Nelson will be as hot next game, but I also don't think Wallace will dominate like he did.

Ummm. I dont see bron winning anything this year? I dont see shaq getting 12 points again...or 5 rebounds... i dont see mo williams bringing his game to the ECF again.. if we meet..Plz dont bring pietrus in saying he wont do it again....I expect Vince stepping up...so go back to your forums plz

no

Keep telling yourself that champ.

LeBron is going home again early this year. Will you be a Nets or Knicks fan next year when he leaves?

quote:
Originally posted by Darrell_Armstrong:

The NBA . . . where jump ball (?) happens.

This was a flagrant crock of ****!

Can anyone explain to me (without breaking the TOS) why a Cavs fan is in here now?

Assuming both teams continue to win, it will still be several weeks before we face them. I see no reason at all for them to be on our boards right now. They should be on the Bulls boards if they want to troll.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Can anyone explain to me (without breaking the TOS) why a Cavs fan is in here now?

Assuming both teams continue to win, it will still be several weeks before we face them. I see no reason at all for them to be on our boards right now. They should be on the Bulls boards if they want to troll.

Attention?

Fear?

Respect?

I know I'm not that interested in browsing a Cavs message board. Let along registering and posting. But, it's good to hear the perspective as we can get tunnel vision'ed at times. Just guessing out loud....

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

quote:

quote:

Three of our starters were completely invisible tonight with barnes at 0%, Dwight with 5 points and 1 of 6 from the line and Carter shooting 21% from the field. Three of our key bench players were pretty bad also in Gortat, Anderson and Jwill.

As bad as these guys played tonight offensively we lead by double digits most of the way. No way all these guys suck so bad at the same time again.

If they can't get us on a night where our two biggest offensive weapons are nowhere to be found and in foul trouble all night then I really feel sorry for the Bobcats from here on out.

Their starting 5 shot a great percentage. All 3 of their main guys played well in Wallace, who had a monster game, Felton and Jackson. I don't see much room for improvement from any of their guys.

Although what you said was true, it kinda goes the same way for Charlotte...I don't see Jameer going for 30+ again in the series...

Dwight absolutely manhandled them inside on defense, with what, 8-9 blocks?? I don't see him getting that many blocks again in the series...

Larry Brown can outcoach anyone in the NBA, and I'm sure he will have a better gameplan for game 2. Not saying it will work, but he will make some adjustments...If I was you guys, I would worry about Vince...Jackson is a matchup problem for him, as he is taller, and as quick/quicker, with as much strength...Hughes is also a solid perimeter defender, so Carter shouldn't have huge numbers at all. Expect him to put up mediocre performances the rest of the series.

Other than that, Pietrus played lights out, that's not guaranteed to happen again, although it did in the ECF...

IMO, both teams had things happen that don't normally happen. I don't think Pietrus and Nelson will be as hot next game, but I also don't think Wallace will dominate like he did.

Ummm. I dont see bron winning anything this year? I dont see shaq getting 12 points again...or 5 rebounds... i dont see mo williams bringing his game to the ECF again.. if we meet..Plz dont bring pietrus in saying he wont do it again....I expect Vince stepping up...so go back to your forums plz

no

Keep telling yourself that champ.

LeBron is going home again early this year. Will you be a Nets or Knicks fan next year when he leaves?

Cavs fan.

quote:

Not trolling...Been on the board for a couple months..Like basketball discussions..Don't know where you get the idea of a troll though.

quote:

quote:

Not trolling...Been on the board for a couple months..Like basketball discussions..Don't know where you get the idea of a troll though.

Seriously? You even called yourself "AnotherCavsFan," which implies to me that you were well aware of how many were on here trolling.

quote:

quote:

Obviously Nelson probably won't light it up like that again, but we have a lot of capable scorers both in the starting lineup and on the bench. A lot of them played pretty poorly and will bounce back as Jameer cools off. As far as Howard dominating the paint, I think he had like 8 blocks in the first quarter alone. Don't be shocked if he has several more 5-8 block games in these playoffs.

Also, Charlotte is no joke. They're a **** good team. I don't care how much we win by or how big of a lead we blow as long as we get the W.

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

quote:

quote:

Obviously Nelson probably won't light it up like that again, but we have a lot of capable scorers both in the starting lineup and on the bench. A lot of them played pretty poorly and will bounce back as Jameer cools off. As far as Howard dominating the paint, I think he had like 8 blocks in the first quarter alone. Don't be shocked if he has several more 5-8 block games in these playoffs.

Also, Charlotte is no joke. They're a **** good team. I don't care how much we win by or how big of a lead we blow as long as we get

the W.

Agreed. They're no joke. Cleveland would have trouble with them in a 7 game series. I'm thankful we have the Bulls rather than Charlotte.