Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

J.J. Redick & Magic greedy? J.J. won't tell team what he's going to do? [link]

quote:
Orlando's new arena this fall that will generate an additional $20 million in annual revenue, and the presence of owner Rich DeVos, the family's aging patriarch, will both help the Magic sustain a high payroll.

"I'm not going to lie. One thing that motivates us right now, we've got an 83-year-old owner with a lot of health history, so we're going to really push it the next few years. We want to see him with a (championship) trophy in his hands,'' Bob Vander Weide said. "For us to be in tax now is acceptable, and we won't run away from it. At least for the short term, we're going to push it.''

J.J. Redick will be a restricted free agent this summer.

"I think about a guy like Trevor Ariza, who played a nice role for the Lakers last year when they won their championship. And he got a good contract,'' Redick said. "All those role players the Bulls had when they were winning championships, they were rewarded. For me, I think everything is dependent on how we finish this year.''

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/0...ds-to-next-contract/

quote:
Orlando's new arena this fall that will generate an additional $20 million in annual revenue, and the presence of owner Rich DeVos, the family's aging patriarch, will both help the Magic sustain a high payroll.

"I'm not going to lie. One thing that motivates us right now, we've got an 83-year-old owner with a lot of health history, so we're going to really push it the next few years. We want to see him with a (championship) trophy in his hands,'' Bob Vander Weide said. "For us to be in tax now is acceptable, and we won't run away from it. At least for the short term, we're going to push it.''

J.J. Redick will be a restricted free agent this summer.

"I think about a guy like Trevor Ariza, who played a nice role for the Lakers last year when they won their championship. And he got a good contract,'' Redick said. "All those role players the Bulls had when they were winning championships, they were rewarded. For me, I think everything is dependent on how we finish this year.''

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/0...ds-to-next-contract/

1st

From the Terms of service...

Spam the board. This includes, but is not limited to, repeatedly posting the same or similar content or posting any identical message more than one time or in more than one forum. Or post pointless or repetitive messages only to boost post / karma count.

Stop the first post or it might lead to a suspension

Ariza started all 23 games in the Lakers finals run last year, not sure JJ is quite that level!

He deserves a payrise but shouldn't get ahead of himself.

Well he did say it was dependent on what the team does this year. If we win a championship and JJ is one reason why, then he does deserve a raise. It makes sense.

The poli....I mean..the mods are really cracking down on these "first" posts. Anyway, JJ better bring his *** back next year. The team is less smarter without him.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

The poli....I mean..the mods are really cracking down on these "first" posts.

That's great news because they're annoying as hell. Whoever started that stupid trend should be put in jail.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

The poli....I mean..the mods are really cracking down on these "first" posts. Anyway, JJ better bring his *** back next year. The team is less smarter without him.

I lol'd

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

I would have put good money on this being a Ball Junkie thread.

You won't find ball junkie here because we have the second best record in the league.

Therefore, he can't complain.