Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

Brandon Marshall to the Dolphins

Ronnie Ricky and the wildcat running game is gonna love marshall's run blocking on the outside

henne should have a field day with a true no. 1 wideout a nice o line and a sweet running game

I cannot wait til we start up the football season

Trey has some of the most ridiculous statements in this discussion ive ever seen....

"- Brandon Marshall is available for a 1st Rd pick (basically take him or Dez Bryant). "

to say an unproven college player is interchangeable with Brandon Marshall is absurd. Maybe Dez Bryant will be good, i think he will be pretty darn good but to basically say they are interchangeable is ludicrous

"I've said it a million times in the chat how much I like Taylor Mays. I'm one of the few who stay up and watch the Pac-10 (not saying you don't, I don't know if you do), and I feel this guy is every bit as good as Berry, just doesn't get the pub being out west. I feel draft experts' thinking would go like this:

Eric Berry, S, Tennessee > Taylor Mays, S, USC

Taylor Mays, S, Tennessee > Eric Berry, S, USC"

USC is gets just as much publicity or more then any other team in the country. I had a huge man crush on Taylor Mays last year... i hoped he fall to the dolphins this year and he will... but guess what i watched him play... dude can't cover, Freak athlete yes, great safety no.... Eric Berry is way more fluid of an athlete than Mays regardless of where he plays. Its pretty much unanimous (by professional scouts) that Mays isnt even the 2nd best safety in this class. Taylor Mays is very much like Roy Williams the former safety for the Cowboys now on the Bengals... great hitter made some picks but cant cover wasnt a fluid athlete.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDOLPHIN:

Trey has some of the most ridiculous statements in this discussion ive ever seen....

"- Brandon Marshall is available for a 1st Rd pick (basically take him or Dez Bryant). "

to say an unproven college player is interchangeable with Brandon Marshall is absurd. Maybe Dez Bryant will be good, i think he will be pretty darn good but to basically say they are interchangeable is ludicrous

That was the point. Why draft Dez Bryant when you can get Brandon Marshall? Clearly it went over your head.

"I've said it a million times in the chat how much I like Taylor Mays. I'm one of the few who stay up and watch the Pac-10 (not saying you don't, I don't know if you do), and I feel this guy is every bit as good as Berry, just doesn't get the pub being out west. I feel draft experts' thinking would go like this:

USC is gets just as much publicity or more then any other team in the country. I had a huge man crush on Taylor Mays last year... i hoped he fall to the dolphins this year and he will... but guess what i watched him play... dude can't cover, Freak athlete yes, great safety no.... Eric Berry is way more fluid of an athlete than Mays regardless of where he plays. Its pretty much unanimous (by professional scouts) that Mays isnt even the 2nd best safety in this class. Taylor Mays is very much like Roy Williams the former safety for the Cowboys now on the Bengals... great hitter made some picks but cant cover wasnt a fluid athlete.

People said the same thing about John Lynch. Also, while USC does get a lot of pub, they still don't get as much as the east coast. Case in point, if the Lions could do that draft over again they would've taken Sanchez over Stafford.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:

That was the point. Why draft Dez Bryant when you can get Brandon Marshall? Clearly it went over your head.

People said the same thing about John Lynch. Also, while USC does get a lot of pub, they still don't get as much as the east coast. Case in point, if the Lions could do that draft over again they would've taken Sanchez over Stafford.

dude, no they wouldn't. Stafford is better than sanchez. Stafford just had to operate with no o-line.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

dude, no they wouldn't. Stafford is better than sanchez. Stafford just had to operate with no o-line.

Whatever, we'll see in ten years. You're gonna owe me a taco.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

why do u think sanchez is better? because he went to the AFC championship? that was because INDY LET them in the playoffs first and foremost! and 2 he had a way better team overall

Taylor Mays is an amazing athlete. That being said, like magicdolphin said he's a horrible safety. Veryyyy stiff in the hips and ankles, and can't cover worth his life. You can run as fast as you want in a straight line, but to play safety you need to be able to turn your hips and body on a dime. I'd take Earl Thomas over mays any day of the week. I pray to god Eric Berry falls to 12 by some miracle, he's the next coming of Ed Reed.

This move actually HELPS the Wildcat offense. You can now line up Henne in the slot and Marshall on the wing and defenses can't pack the box or Spa can just run a pass out of it and catch a DB in single coverage on an island. Ginn could not, NOT, take advantage of single coverage and Marshall can certainly.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

why do u think sanchez is better? because he went to the AFC championship? that was because INDY LET them in the playoffs first and foremost! and 2 he had a way better team overall

Did anyone else watch Stafford at Georgia? This kid was very inconsistent and not the most accurate of QBs. He can throw it out of the stadium, congrats. So can Mike Vick. Don't give me that line of "Well, college is different than the pros." If you can't throw, you can't throw, ask Tim Tebow.

Yeah, Sanchez had a better team around him, but that doesn't mean he's not better than Stafford. Did you watch the AFC Championship game you mentioned? He was the best player on the Jets in that game, and was one of the reasons they kept it close. Plus you can't say the Colts "let them in", they were down 6 when Manning was taken out. You can't write off a team that's only down 6.

Don't underrate NFL coaching either. Taylor Mays could go from amazing athlete to amazing player if placed in the right situation. That's true for any sport, see Josh Smith.