Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

Brandon Marshall to the Dolphins

It's about time. Stud wide receivers have been given up for washing machines all off season and Parcells kept standing idle. If they were to go into another year of TED GINN the number one, you would have to consider canning Parcells.

"Oh, Trey, how could you? He won Super Bowls 80 years ago in New York!"

Yeah, I get that, but for argument's sake let's call him "The President" (I got your back T.O.).

- Anquan Boldin is traded for peanuts.

- Brandon Marshall is available for a 1st Rd pick (basically take him or Dez Bryant).

- Santonio Holmes is traded for peanuts.

- The President stays put and goes into the season with Tedd Ginn his team's #1 WR.

Safe to say if The President didn't have a big name he's at least on the hot seat. But hey, the Dolphins finally got their guy, congrats.

Holmes brings baggage and is suspended the first 4 games of the season. The Jets have the luxury to wait on that since they have Cotchery and Edwards already. I also think Holmes is a tad bit overrated due to the Super Bowl MVP/Deion Branch syndrome.

Boldin is injury prone even if he is one of the best receivers in the game today. Plus he hitting 30 soon, as opposed to Marshall being only 26.

Parcells has done a great job constructing that Miami team that is full of raw talent and underachievers, and I'm not even a fan of the team. If you can't see the results, then you're blind.

I still think they should take Dez Bryant in the 1st also.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Holmes brings baggage and is suspended the first 4 games of the season. The Jets have the luxury to wait on that since they have Cotchery and Edwards already. Yes I also think Holmes is a tad bit overrated due to the Super Bowl MVP/Deion Branch syndrome. No

Boldin is injury prone even if he is one of the best receivers in the game today. Plus he hitting 30 soon, as opposed to Marshall being only 26.

Parcells has done a great job constructing that Miami team that is full of raw talent and underachievers, and I'm not even a fan of the team. If you can't see the results, then you're blind.

I still think they should take Dez Bryant in the 1st also.

The point is they (Holmes and Boldin) were given away for washing machines. I've seen the difference in the team, but I've also seen Ted Ginn as a #1 WR.

They have more needs than WR, defense being one of them. They need defensive line and safety help, and they have to be sure they get the right guy in the first, because they now don't have a second. A lot of mocks have them going DT, but I don't really like any of the DTs after Suh and McCoy, at least not for a first round pick. Possibilities I can see:

Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas

Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech

Taylor Mays, S, USC

I know a lot of people like Jason Pierre-Paul from USF, but I never trust those guys who come out of left field. As far as I'm concerned he's still not the best DE at USF, let alone the country. I've said it a million times in the chat how much I like Taylor Mays. I'm one of the few who stay up and watch the Pac-10 (not saying you don't, I don't know if you do), and I feel this guy is every bit as good as Berry, just doesn't get the pub being out west. I feel draft experts' thinking would go like this:

Eric Berry, S, Tennessee > Taylor Mays, S, USC

Taylor Mays, S, Tennessee > Eric Berry, S, USC

VERY happy with this trade, a 26 year old stud for 2 2nd rounders! Marshall may have some off field issues but he is back in FL and will be our main option instantly.

I think this sums up the Fins current receiving corps perfectly..

"Fifteen wide receivers have caught passes for the Dolphins over the last three seasons. In that time span, Brandon Marshall has more touchdowns and 100-yard games than all of them combined."

I like Morgan for our first round pick, there is no need to draft another receiver with Marshall on board.

I am also excited about the Mike Nolan hiring, I think this along with a solid draft will improve our d a hell of alot.

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

VERY happy with this trade, a 26 year old stud for 2 2nd rounders! Marshall may have some off field issues but he is back in FL and will be our main option instantly.

I think this sums up the Fins current receiving corps perfectly..

"Fifteen wide receivers have caught passes for the Dolphins over the last three seasons. In that time span, Brandon Marshall has more touchdowns and 100-yard games than all of them combined."

I like Morgan for our first round pick, there is no need to draft another receiver with Marshall on board.

I am also excited about the Mike Nolan hiring, I think this along with a solid draft will improve our d a hell of alot.

+1

but, they indicated that ginn was on the block as well, even ronnie brown, not the phins organization but other sources, i've been a sports fan long enough to know not to take other sources seriously, but i think we might see one of them gone and still have a second round pick after it's all said and done.

go phins.

Yeah I read similar, personally don't see what we gain from trading Brown. He is coming off some pretty serious surgery but he is still in his rookie deal and that put together = not a great return (mid to late round?!)

The only way I like this would be if we take Spiller with the 12th and use any picks gained and the later rounds to address the holes at safety, NT and OLB

I love Ryan Matthews from Fresno State. 6'0 218lbs back that runs a 4.41, catches out of the backfield and blocks. Watched the game against Boise State this year and a man crush was born.

Really like the way this went down. Teams can't stack the box against the fins anymore. The R&R Express did work last year, can't wait to see what they do this year if Ronnie Brown can stay healthy*knocks on wood*. Dolphins now have a very solid WR core, with bess working the slot, and hartline as the #2. Not to mention Camarillo who didn't drop a pass last year.

I see Ted Ginn being traded, most likely for a 5th round pick; he isn't worth much more. Also wouldn't be surprised to see the dolphins trade back a couple spots in the draft. Makes the most sense, Parcells and Ireland love their draft picks and a trade back would likely net them another second round pick. If we don't trade back, I'm feeling me some Earl Thomas, Kindle is highly overrated, and Morgan is a 4-3 DE. I also would be very happy with Brandon Graham, only knock on him is his size, but the dude is going to be a great OLB or DE for whoever takes a chance on him. He would be good value if the fins traded back though.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

I love Ryan Matthews from Fresno State. 6'0 218lbs back that runs a 4.41, catches out of the backfield and blocks. Watched the game against Boise State this year and a man crush was born.

He was unreal in that game, 200+ yards and 3 TDs or something! If he fell to the 3rd and we could grab him after getting Morgan or similar I would be happy!