Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

Brandon Marshall to the Dolphins

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

I love Ryan Matthews from Fresno State. 6'0 218lbs back that runs a 4.41, catches out of the backfield and blocks. Watched the game against Boise State this year and a man crush was born.

He was unreal in that game, 200+ yards and 3 TDs or something! If we could grab him in the 3rd after getting Morgan or similar I would be happy!

I also like Matthews, he won't be anywhere near the 3rd round though. He's likely going end of the first round to the chargers, don't see him falling past that pick.

quote:
Originally posted by kwizzle29:

quote:

quote:

I love Ryan Matthews from Fresno State. 6'0 218lbs back that runs a 4.41, catches out of the backfield and blocks. Watched the game against Boise State this year and a man crush was born.

He was unreal in that game, 200+ yards and 3 TDs or something! If we could grab him in the 3rd after getting Morgan or similar I would be happy!

I also like Matthews, he won't be anywhere near the 3rd round though. He's likely going end of the first round to the chargers, don't see him falling past that pick.

Yeah with LT gone I agree.

Preference is still to keep Brown though, I guess the risk is that he loses ALL value when/if he gets his next injury!

quote:

Yeah I read similar, personally don't see what we gain from trading Brown. He is coming off some pretty serious surgery but he is still in his rookie deal and that put together = not a great return (mid to late round?!)

The only way I like this would be if we take Spiller with the 12th and use any picks gained and the later rounds to address the holes at safety, NT and OLB

yeah i won't be too upset if we get a 2nd rounder for ginn right now but to let brown go for a pick is insane to me, i'm even a big fan of the wildcat, but brown runs it alot more effectively than williams, and is a pretty sick rb to begin with.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah with LT gone I agree.

Preference is still to keep Brown though, I guess the risk is that he loses ALL value when/if he gets his next injury!

The only way we trade brown is if we can find a team to give us a second rounder. If not, he'll be with us next year. After next year his contract runs out, and I see us just letting him walk. He's gonna be hitting 30, and we'll just find a replacement for him in the draft next year.

One of the phin's beat writers pointed this out too.. if we let him walk next year we should be awarded a 3rd round compensatory pick from the NFL, so he won't go for nothing.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

I'm psyched about this trade. We finally have a threat in the passing game.

A top 5 (top 3 even) WR threat baby!

I woke up and heard this on sports center, I thought I was dreaming and almost messed my pants.

I don't see the benefit of trading ginn since holmes went for a 5th rounder. I'd never thought I would say this but keep ginn and use him as a p/k returner and as a runner in the wildcat.

Mcshay says that the phins will go after de Morgan with the 12th pick now

To make a basketball analogy...this trade is like signing a free agent starter but not having to lose any of your other pieces. Your depth/bench suddenly gets stronger.

Devon Bess and Camarillo are great receivers, but they shouldn't be #1 or #2 guys. But Bess suddenly because an awesome slot or #3 guy, and Camarillo (and Hartline for that matter) becomes a great 3rd down possession receiver.

We gained versatility and depth.

Saw this on ESPN earlier today.

Great news.

He's a perfect fit too. Their wildcat already has depth without this guy. And with him, it'll only be more efficient. 'Bout time they got a passing game to go along with their running game.

Still, the Jets are gonna be a *****.

I think this kind of puts an end to the Wildcat. Now that you guys have a passing game, a gimmicky offense isn't really needed to score points.