Sign in to follow this  
magicalplaya

hawks officially clinch 3rd in the east. you know what that means....

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

The Celtics won't beat the Cavs in the series but they will beat the crap out of them. Win, lose, or draw the Celtics are going to hack, hold, and do whatever else they can get away with. The Cavs will have their fair share of bumps and bruises coming out of that series.

Anyone that thinks we are getting a free ride simply because we are playing the Hawks is just being absurd. The Hawks have enough talent to give anyone a lot of trouble. I like this matchup but the Magic are still going to have to show up and play great in order to beat them.

This.

It's not about "free rides". It's about the current seeding being the best case scenario regarding 2nd round match-ups. As emory said, the Celtics will make sure to rough up the Cavs - more than any other team they could have faced in round two.

quote:
Originally posted by MaGiC:

LOL. What the Magic need to do is focus on their games and take it 1 game at a time. What the Magic not need to do is to care about other teams games.

LAL, CLE, BOS, or any other team doesn't matter as long as we play our game.

i fully agree no point talking about the hawks yet we have to beat charlotte first.

quote:
The Hawks have enough talent to give anyone a lot of trouble.
Part of that talent must be playing half court basketball. Their halfcourt set is essentially isolation with with Johnson. Horford and Josh Smith can't make shots over Howard, and Mike Bibby is just a jumpshooter.

They average 80 something points against us for a reason.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

quote:
The Hawks have enough talent to give anyone a lot of trouble.
Part of that talent must be playing half court basketball. Their halfcourt set is essentially isolation with with Johnson. Horford and Josh Smith can't make shots over Howard, and Mike Bibby is just a jumpshooter.

They average 80 something points against us for a reason.

Yeah but in the playoffs, it's all about having size, experiance, and having role players who can knock down important three point shots.

It's getting silly now and the Magic will probably end up with the easiest second round opponent this season. And anybody claiming the Bobcats are going to compete are just being silly. Teams aren't made in two thirds a season that can compete with championship contenders. Expecting a sixth game against the Bobcats is just giving that team way too much credit and ignoring just how infrequently teams like the Bobcats can make a series interesting.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfan1961:

The Celtics are not going to give the Cavs any problems at all. It would not suprise me if the Cavs swept them. I am not even sure that the Celtics can beat the Heat.

Just like you weren't sure that the Magic would make it back to the playoffs? I mean, that was you, right?

Boston has not lost to Miami this season, and the playoffs allow them to be more physical than normal.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

We'll own the Hawks. I don't even know why people take them seriously. They're a regular season team. They cannot play playoff basketball at all and have never shown the ability to do so. If they pla the Heat I wouldn't be surprised if we faced the Heat in round 2 instead. They just flourish on fastbreaks and nothing more.

You are probably right about us winning against Hawks in the second round. But that's just wrong saying they can't play playoff basketball when they took the 08 Celtics to 7 games.

quote:
Originally posted by rc0101:

Don't overlook the Hawks man..I know we took care of them fairly easy 3 of the 4 games this year but the playoffs are a whole different animal.

You have a point there. We should not overlook the Hawks. They are better than the Celtics. I'd feel good about our chances against either Atlanta or Boston. The question is - which team has the better chance at beating the Cavs? Or at least giving them a tough series?

quote:
Yeah but in the playoffs, it's all about having size, experiance, and having role players who can knock down important three point shots.

Size? Josh Smith and Horford are undersized compared to Howard, and none of their players have shown to step it up enough to have them average over 90 points. Our defense dominates them, as does Howard. We beat them when we were in a slump even.

quote:
But that's just wrong saying they can't play playoff basketball when they took the 08 Celtics to 7 games.

That has more to do with the Celtics being crap against athletic front lines. They were also taken to 7 games in the most boring series ever decided in the first quarter against a weaker Miami team.

And this year's Miami team is definitely better.

Hawks are a joke to me until proven otherwise. Only move they really made was getting Jamal Crawford. Great offensive guy, but he's not even that good of a defensive player either.

Well this is what we hoped for since basically the All-star break. We'll get Atlanta in the second round and Cleveland will possibly face Boston. If that happens, I'm looking forward to both of those series. Good basketball is definitely on the horizon.

Also glad to see a possible Boston-Cleveland match-up. Even though Boston has been in a slump lately, they're definitely not gonna go down without a fight. C'mon, they're old. You know they're just resting until the playoffs. Kinda like Shaq does with his "injuries."

Magic gets killed by these teams:

-Strong/big PG

-Good rebounding frontcourt

Atlanta doesn't have both of those, neither does this year's Boston. Cleveland might be if Shaq plays well, and you count Lebron as the PG.

I would be scared of Denver , LA or Utah.