Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

Do you all realize what Wednesday's game is?

HELLO PEOPLE. Wednesday's game vs. Philly is the FINAL regular season game in the Amway Arena/TD Waterhouse Centre/Orlando Arena.

I don't know about you, but this is significant. I just think about all the regular season games that I attended over the past 2+ decades and I admittedly get some mushy-gushy feelings inside. icon_smile.gif

Here's a Yahoo! article about it:

quote:
After 21 seasons as the only home the Orlando Magic have ever known, Amway Arena

HELLO PEOPLE. Wednesday's game vs. Philly is the FINAL regular season game in the Amway Arena/TD Waterhouse Centre/Orlando Arena.

I don't know about you, but this is significant. I just think about all the regular season games that I attended over the past 2+ decades and I admittedly get some mushy-gushy feelings inside. icon_smile.gif

Here's a Yahoo! article about it:

quote:
After 21 seasons as the only home the Orlando Magic have ever known, Amway Arena

Amway Arena's finest moment overall is clearly Magic Johnson's farewell/MVP All Star Game performance.

As far as regular season.. there's a bunch. T-Mac going for 62, Darrell's miracle layup...

My two personal favorites in the regular season must be a. Dennis Scott setting the NBA 3-point record (single game), and b. Nick Anderson leading the Penny-less Magic over the Lakers in Shaq's first return back to Orlando since he left. I taped both and watched them endlessly over the years.

Not to mention the one otherwise meaningless game I saw in person last season against the Bulls.. glad I was able to go once before the building is done.

I am very excited about the new home... but there is much more sadness in me over the fact that I never got the chance to see them play in the old O-Rena icon_frown.gif

well we still have atleast two more

i love these older arenas where the fans are right on top of you, it provides a true homecourt advantage

Nick Andersons steal and MJ's biggest chokejob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH4ro1YdSio

Dwight howards 1 handed alley oop against boston

Who can forget this amazing game winner?

Dwights 40/14 in the ECF vs the cavs, one of the best performances in a clincher by a big of the decade

I've read where some of you don't particularly care for the Amway but I've been there several times and I really like it. It's a whole lot better than some of the other venues I've been to that are real dumps. Sometimes bigger is not always better.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Amway Arena's finest moment overall is clearly Magic Johnson's farewell/MVP All Star Game performance.

As far as regular season.. there's a bunch. T-Mac going for 62, Darrell's miracle layup...

My two personal favorites in the regular season must be a. Dennis Scott setting the NBA 3-point record (single game), and b. Nick Anderson leading the Penny-less Magic over the Lakers in Shaq's first return back to Orlando since he left. I taped both and watched them endlessly over the years.

Not to mention the one otherwise meaningless game I saw in person last season against the Bulls.. glad I was able to go once before the building is done.

I was at the game where Dennis Scott set the record... ofcourse I was like 13 or 14....

I'll be there, it was the one game that I had to have tickets for.

It's weird seeing part of my childhood go away. I remember my first game, it was against Golden State, Manute Bol blocked about 10 shots and we dug out of a 20 pt hole to win it. I remember Bobby Jackson trying to climb up into the stands to fight everyone in my section when someone dropped a beer on him...he was the original Ron Artest, just not as quick. The games were always great to see live but it was goofy stuff like that that made it for me.

i alawys had a dream of one day being able to have enough money to visit america and go to a magic game at amway arena but sadly it didnt happen.

well i guess one thing on my side is the new arena