Sign in to follow this  
GhostAnime

(1) Los Angeles Lakers vs (8) Oklahoma City Thunder is a definite match-up

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Hearing that crowd roar makes me wanna turn into a Thunder fan smile_svgsad.png

Florida does suck when it comes to fans. The only professional team that seems immune to it is the Dolphins.

quote:
Originally posted by BillFan:

Great game... Really happy for those very loud fans. Imagine if Dwight played with Durant and Westbrook? lol...

I had that very same thought a couple of days ago. The only thing the Thunder are missing is a very good defensive center. Dwight has to be good for at least 10 wins, right? They are already amazing defensively, the way that they hustle and their athletcism. Add Dwight to that team and scoring with any consistency would be practically impossible.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I had that very same thought a couple of days ago. The only thing the Thunder are missing is a very good defensive center. Dwight has to be good for at least 10 wins, right? They are already amazing defensively, the way that they hustle and their athletcism. Add Dwight to that team and scoring with any consistency would be practically impossible.

This is precisely why I wish the Magic had gone a different direction in building this team. Surround D12 with other athletic, defensive minded players, and the Magic would be a suffocating defensive team.

You can't complain about the success SVG has had in Orlando, but he still has to prove they can win a title with stretch 4's, and relying on D12 to carry an otherwise mediocre defensive team before I believe otherwise.

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

well done to the thunder getting thier first playoff win.

loving that result

KD had 29pts and 19 REBOUNDS! Dude went crazy!

What did we learn from game 3...

..That Durant can become a defensive stopper. I'm surprised that putting Durant on Kobe worked to be quite honest. One of the knocks on Durant coming out of college was whether or not he would be a defensive liability. Throw in the 19 rebounds and wow. Thought he was a pure scorer, guess not.

It seems the more and more this series progresses, the more confident Westbrook is getting. He was non-existent in the first half of game 1, before realizing that he's the 2nd leading scorer on OKC. If he wasn't in foul trouble in Game 2 for the first 3 quarters, I believe they win that game. I was lucky enough to land some tickets for Game 2 here in LA and one thing that is painfully obvious is how easily Westbrook can get into paint and create off of that. The Lakers don't have an answer for him because D Fish was on his last legs 3 seasons ago. Brown and Farmar aren't much of an improvement but they need Fish in there for his offense and his uncanny ability to hit a big shot when it's needed. Sounds stupid but If Westbrook didn't play like he was overwhelmed in Game 1 and wasn't in foul trouble in Game 2 then they could easily be leading this series. He's the key. This series is coming back to OKC for Game 6 and I wouldn't be surprised if the Thunder is the team up 3-2.