Sign in to follow this  
GhostAnime

(1) Los Angeles Lakers vs (8) Oklahoma City Thunder is a definite match-up

OKC in 7!

bryant is banged up. Except for the C position, OKC match up well. I'll be interested to see who Phil puts on Durant. Bryant or Artest? or maybe odom?

Odom seems right...but sucks for OKC to be in the playoffs and face the lakers in the first round , but hey anything can happen..

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

Not good. I want Lakers in Finals

i don't care who comes out the west but I want the lakers out asap just like I want the lebrons bounced in round 1

lakers in 5

i do think the lakers would be happy they didn't get the spurs or portland in round 1 i believe they would been kocked out by either one of those two teams.

I think OKC can give them a run in a seven game series. Hopefully it will be a good series because I may go to a game in Oklahoma City. And if the atmosphere is anything like a regular season atmosphere, that building's gonna be rockin

This matchup has the makings to be a first round upset....

Looking at OKC's roster they have plenty of people they can use to match LA's front five...

Westbrook vs Fisher - Edge: Westbrook

Fisher will not be able to stop Westbrook, and if Westbrook becomes aggressive and drives that is going to cause alot of defensive break downs.

Thabo vs Kobe - Unanimous Winner: Kobe

However Thabo is not a short SG, coming in at 6'7 he does have some length to "try" to defend Kobe as much as possible... But it is still a tall order.

Durant vs Artest - Winner: Durant

Lets face it, this isnt the Artest of old... So locking down players like Durant now is asking a bit too much from him. Durant is a polished scorer that is going to give him and LA problems.

Green vs Odom - "X-Factor"

This is going to be the one matchup that can push the series either way. Yes Odom is good... but the only playoff's he showed up for was last year. Before then Odom, had a problem of disappearing... hence the constant trade rumors.

Green has played very well this season providing the same type of scoring as Lamar, a bit higher but used in somewhat the same manner.

Kristic vs Gasol - Winner: Gasol

Gasol is more refined, but Kristic is a good center.

I think this position really comes down to the health of Bynum, if Bynum isnt 100%.. then their depth behind Gasol is down to DJ Mbenga

As for OKC, they have a few more bodies to throw at Gasol... Like Etan Thomas, who plays hard.. Ibaka who has been making a name for himself... and Mullens... and dont forget Nick Collison who can also be plugged in.

Obviously experience or lack of usually plays a role into a series as this...

The more experienced team knows how to handle the real "down to the wire" situations..

However the lack of can also prove good too, sort of like GS when they knocked off the Mav's.. No one believed in them, and so they played free... with nothing to lose...

And I will even say that OKC's bench is a little bit deeper than LA's.

Prediction: Im going for the upset - OKC in 6