Sign in to follow this  
Optimus Prime

Seems like Mcgrady and Mike Miller want back in Orlando. Hmmmm

quote:
Originally posted by KandiKane:

Pietrus might not of stopped Lebron's Personal game. But he sure did stop the Cavs team game. Reason we won.

I'm anxious to hear your explanation of how Pietrus single-handedly shut down their entire team.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

Pietrus might not of stopped Lebron's Personal game. But he sure did stop the Cavs team game. Reason we won.

I'm anxious to hear your explanation of how Pietrus single-handedly shut down their entire team.

he pulled the fire alarm and kept them awake.

quote:

So your example of a time Pietrus played like a stopper was a time you admit he didn't stop anyone? Am I getting that right?

Do you personally think Pietrus did a poor job last year on Bron?

The fact that he was guarding lebron good, and he allowed the other defenders on the magic to not worry about having to double lebron everytime down the court. By doing that, it means better team defense.. His defense made sure the other players on the cavs were covered.

understand now?

If pietrus was getting beat everytime down the court and lebron was getting in the paint everytime, then other players would have had to cover him, meaning open shots for the cavs. This did not happen!

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

man.

some of you are way to nostalgic.

we need to get younger.

by adding two 30 year olds, and losing redick its a BAD formula

I normally don't agree with what you say, at least I don't think so (not online enough to notice), but this is the smartest thing anyone has said, save for when I said something similar a page or so back.

quote:

Man the Pietrus hate here is funny

just cause people wanna relive the **** days lmao

I know. Peitrus is the man. I'd take him any day over those fossils.

quote:

The fact that he was guarding lebron good, and he allowed the other defenders on the magic to not worry about having to double lebron everytime down the court. By doing that, it means better team defense.. His defense made sure the other players on the cavs were covered.

understand now?

If pietrus was getting beat everytime down the court and lebron was getting in the paint everytime, then other players would have had to cover him, meaning open shots for the cavs. This did not happen!

Lebron had one of the most effective playoff series in NBA history with Pietrus guarding him, and Dwight spent the entire series in foul trouble precisely because he, Lebron, could get into the paint at will.

Is Pietrus going to be the new Turk now? Do I need to start prepping to be called racist against people from Guadeloupe? Because honestly, the arguments being made here match up perfectly with the ones Vellasco used to make about Turk, and they don't sound any less ridiculous.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:

I know. Peitrus is the man. I'd take him any day over those fossils.

Pietrus is 28. Mike Miller is 30. McGrady is ALMOST 31. The age discrepancy is relatively minor, so if Miller and McGrady are fossils, Pietrus is at the very least undergoing some severe ossification.

quote:

Hate? What hate?

We're discussing Pietrus' contributions as an offensive player with that of Mike Miller. Miller is hands down the superior player on that end of the floor, and yet some choose to dismiss empirical data for factors such as "clutch play" and "awesome afro." The fact is, Pietrus is notably less efficient in every offensive aspect, while being a far better defender (although certainly not the world-beater some regard him as).

And if Mac/Miller are fossils, then what are Barnes/Lewis?

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

quote:

Who exactly did Pietrus play like a stopper against?

I'd say he did the best job out of anyone on our team on LeBron last year.

Was good against Kobe too until he got in foul trouble.

Discounting his one "sub-par" performance in game 6, in which he scored 25 pts on 40% shooting, LeBron averaged something like 42/7/8 against the Magic.

It's a good thing Pietrus locked him down...

LOL I never said he locked him up.

Nobody in the league can lock LeBron up. He slowed him down some and that's all we could ask.

Miller would have given up 60-70 per game to Bron if asked to do what Pietrus did. Wouldn't have performed as well offensively either.

Battier is a defensive stopper, Bowen was a defensive stopper, not Pietrus. Pietrus is a good defender.