Sign in to follow this  
barnettej

T-Mac eyes return to the Magic

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Let's just get the whole gang back together.

00-01_300_team.jpg

Hell yeah!!! Two of my favorite players of all time right there in DA and Miller.

That and the blue version of those jerseys were our best jerseys of all time. We need to bring them back for once on a throwback night. I would have loved to have seen a black version of them too. Cavs can get away with having like 15 alternates. Why cant we?

As long as T-Mac understands one thing. Your a gun for hire. Thats it, your a guy whos coming off the bench to get us points while the starters get rest. Your no longer 'the man' and never gonna be him again. That and he better not be looking for much. Short term contract with only a mil or two on it.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

Tracy McGrady eyes a lot of things

avatar1399513crazyeyetmac4nv.gif

stay classy friend.

vets min, and not a penny more. maybe a couple incentives for staying healthy. Personally, I don't think he is good enough to play the team defense that we are accustomed to here. Vince didn't have any serious pre-existing conditions. Tmac is just getting his legs after serious knee problems.

quote:
Originally posted by DaveCorzineLives!:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by DaveCorzineLives!:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

You guys are nuts if you dont want him back. He carried us for 4 years, and just grew tired of not having help.

FAIL. The only season I stopped watching was McGrady's pathetic last season. He didn't get tired, He quit. He quit on his team and watched them lose 19 in a row while not competing on defense and jacking up three's and THEN complaining about every one else in the locker room. I turned off that season with like 20 games to go not because they were bad (I was used to that) but because I couldn't stand that the best player on the team was a loser.

You fail, my friend.

How, exactly? Which part do you disagree with? That McGrady is a loser (prima donna never out of the first round even when we were up 3-1 on detroit) or that he quit? I LOVED Mcgrady. He was the first player we had that was pure. It used to amaze me how easily he would score. After the shaq penny era I thought getting a local guy who loved the area with that amount of talent meant that we had a guy to build a championship around (lesson learned about pro athletes loyalty). He's a cancer, and worse yet he is now a cancer without the ability, tell me why someone like that should be introduced to this teams mix.

My reasoning is the same as davcivic's reasoning.

And, I just want to say that if he was getting those numbers, and was still half-assing it like you say...then he could have been one hell of a player if he just had a legitimate second option back then.

As far as today goes, do we even need him to have that kind of production? Do you seriously think that a healthy tracy mcgrady wouldnt be one of if not the best backup 2/3's in the league?

I dont think anyone expects him to revert to vintage tmac, but he still has that sweet jumper. He can finish still, too. I bet a summer of reconditioning will do him wonders come next year. Wherever he ends up next season, I am sure he will be a frontrunner for the imaginary 'comeback player of the year' award.

A lot of people focus on the acrimonious ending of his career in Orlando...but I still find that his contributions were greater than his detractions. Dont forget that while he may have acted less than perfect, he wasnt the problem-management was the problem. Although tmac was stupid for betting on Okafor and not Howard. Surely he knows better now.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

He would be invigorated and playing with and for family.

I thought the EXACT same thing about Carter.

... Look how that turned out. All we would be getting is Carter 2.0. I would rather have a young guy. We got enough "oldies but goodies" on our team. And I LOVED TMAC back in the day. He was the only reason I ever bought NBA 2K back in the day.

quote:
Originally posted by VinsanityOM:

T-Mac needs to quit trying to make headlines and just play. He has the same kind of character as Ron Artest, attention driven.

he's a little different... mac is attention driven with bad knees.

He carried the team back in the day, but he didn't make the team any better with his style of play, which was all offense. Not his fault Grant Hill was an absolute waste. Not really his fault that he didn't see the potential in Dwight. But in the end, he just gave up on us. He did the same thing in Houston when Yao couldn't play. Hard to blame him though when he was the only one doing anything.

At this point, he just wants to play for a contender and he probably thinks that because his cousin is here and that he has history here, he can get his foot in the door.

Nu-uh.

His knees are blown and honestly, I can't see him being happy with playing as a sixth man here. I just don't think he would accept that.

If he were younger, fo sho. But he's not that guy anymore and he hasn't shown any evidence that he can return to that form in any increments.

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

He would be invigorated and playing with and for family.

I thought the EXACT same thing about Carter.

... Look how that turned out.

Are you seriously writing off Carter as a failure? Is this a joke? We haven't even started the playoffs yet.