Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

The Official Rashard Sucked vs. Boston thread ($$$)

Again, I'm not going to post a fail picture after every good game from Rashard. I will say that this is the second consecutive good game from Rashard after Stan called him out for his poor play. I love players that respond well to criticism.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Is D12 on Bosh & Amare dictated by the opponent going small w/those 2 at center or by fear from the opening tip when Shard is in the lineup?

Why did RA only manage 23 minutes per game as a starter despite his hot shooting?

How often is Lewis' PT dictated by matchups?

How often has Lewis missed rotations because he's such an enormous defensive liability?

RA has been shielded defensively all season long the way JJ used to be & still is to a lesser extent. Is that not accurate?

Would that be necessary if there wasn't a drop off defensively from Shard to RA? Because as big a defensive liability as Shard is, I don't see SVG avoiding the type of matchups with Shard he has consistently gone out of his way to avoid with RA all season long.

Sidenote: It's not surprising to see Bass as the only PF with a positive +/- w/o D12 on the floor this year or to see RA & Shard with the 2nd & 3rd worst +/- stats w/o D12 on the floor.

I'm glad you eluded to JJ in referencing RA's defensive play, and had you also eluded to Bass' inability to crack the rotation during the first half of the season, this too would be another valuable illustration I believe would answer most of the rebutal questions you provided, because young or inexperienced players should be shielded in SVG's system and seem to prosper due to being brought along slowly.

As I've illustrated many times previously, appx. 3% of all NBA prospects come out of college ready to defend confidently at the next level. There are just too many dissimilarities between collegiate defensive schemes and the more complicated NBA strategies. Which is why it's sensible to remember IMO when discussing RA's perceived struggles on defense that Mr Anderson is still only a 20yr old sophomore. Hence, he still has time to learn SVG's complex system.

Yet, even with tenure in SVG's system, Shard still frequently gets beat and badly. For him however, it's not from a failure to understand rotations, etc. as it is with RA, it is due to sheer laziness and dissinterest at times.

BTW, you sir are no Socrates, which could only indicate (knowing your propensity for stat citation) that you can't define your perspective by providing support, especially when I ask you to "show me why you feel Shard is far less a liability on the defensive end" - followed by nothing more than more questions (this is one reason why I love the position I have taken in this argument - there is indeed evidence that can support my position that a 2nd year sophomore has been every bit as effective, if not more so, than an eleven year vet with two all-star games to his credit). Should this even be in question if Shard is so vastly superior?

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:

Rashard + $$$ discussions are beat to hell on this board, seriously we all are very aware of his contract.

I don't think it will ever go away. As long as Rashard is a Magic man he will be tied to that contract. People will always look at his production and paycheck and go...WHAT THE HELL????!!!!

Sadly some people think like this. the contract is the contract and what they sign is done. Sahquile o

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

BTW, you sir are no Socrates, which could only indicate (knowing your propensity for stat citation) that you can't define your perspective by providing support, especially when I ask you to "show me why you feel Shard is far less a liability on the defensive end" - followed by nothing more than more questions (this is one reason why I love the position I have taken in this argument - there is indeed evidence that can support my position that a 2nd year sophomore has been every bit as effective, if not more so, than an eleven year vet with two all-star games to his credit). Should this even be in question if Shard is so vastly superior?

The stat you are referencing also indicates Anderson is a better defender than Howard, Barnes, Pietrus, Gortat, & Bass as well...

And that Carter, Anderson, & Nelson are the 3 best defenders on the roster!

Perhaps there is a reason for the general absence of individual defensive efficiency stats?

I will contend SVG cherry picks RA's defensive assignments for the same reason we all know he used to do the same for JJ, because of his physical limitations as a defender.

quote:
Originally posted by BlackMagic:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

It's relevant when several posters have suggested RA can fill in for Shard w/o the team missing a beat.

Offensively, ok. Defensively, his presence changed the entire team dynamic in 33% of the games he played due to his inability to defend his man.

I've never been a fan of Shards or the stretch 4, but Shard is far less a liability on the defensive end than RA.

So when Shard is available to play, Dwight doesn't guard Amare or Bosh nearly exclusively?

Show me why you feel "Shard is far less a liability on the defensive end than RA", when RA has a better rebound rating and defensive rating.

Is D12 on Bosh & Amare dictated by the opponent going small w/those 2 at center or by fear from the opening tip when Shard is in the lineup?

Why did RA only manage 23 minutes per game as a starter despite his hot shooting?

How often is Lewis' PT dictated by matchups?

How often has Lewis missed rotations because he's such an enormous defensive liability?

RA has been shielded defensively all season long the way JJ used to be & still is to a lesser extent. Is that not accurate?

Would that be necessary if there wasn't a drop off defensively from Shard to RA? Because as big a defensive liability as Shard is, I don't see SVG avoiding the type of matchups with Shard he has consistently gone out of his way to avoid with RA all season long.

Sidenote: It's not surprising to see Bass as the only PF with a positive +/- w/o D12 on the floor this year or to see RA & Shard with the 2nd & 3rd worst +/- stats w/o D12 on the floor.

where did you get those +/- stat?

NBA.com (requires a little elementary math detailed earlier in this thread)

+/- W/0 Dwight Howard on Floor

+.126 Jason Williams

+.097 Vince Carter

+.022 Brandon Bass

+.009 Mickeal Pietrus

-.019 Matt Barnes

-.025 JJ Redick

-.041 Rashard Lewis

-.060 Ryan Anderson

-.113 Jameer Nelson

quote:

NBA.com (requires a little elementary math detailed earlier in this thread)

+/- W/0 Dwight Howard on Floor

+.126 Jason Williams

+.097 Vince Carter

+.022 Brandon Bass

+.009 Mickeal Pietrus

-.019 Matt Barnes

-.025 JJ Redick

-.041 Rashard Lewis

-.060 Ryan Anderson

-.113 Jameer Nelson

Looks like Jameer is not suited for the backup role to play without Dwight, very great find. Now I know why Jason is coming of the bench, he is our best player when Dwight is not playing. Please keep us updated with your new findings!

Great-success.jpg