Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Why Dwight is Overrated by ESPN's Peter Keating

He should and likely will get better at aiming his blocked shots but he is in no way over rated. Bunch of dip****s over there at espn.

quote:
Originally posted by The Total Tommy:

Is that why even LeBron stays out of the paint when Dwight's lurking? I struggle to think of a player who has as much of an effect on other teams' slashers, making them really think twice about attacking the rim.

I think I remember reading a breakdown somewhere (some blog) about LeBron's shot selection against Orlando compared to other teams. It concluded that he shoots more jumpers against Orlando than other teams. It is probably fair to conclude the major factor in that is Dwight...

i'm sure if dwight was in new york instead of orlando we'd be reading about how dwight is a game changer, i guess you need a public relations degree to be a write for espn.

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

I think I remember reading a breakdown somewhere (some blog) about LeBron's shot selection against Orlando compared to other teams. It concluded that he shoots more jumpers against Orlando than other teams. It is probably fair to conclude the major factor in that is Dwight...

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

i'm sure if dwight was in new york instead of orlando we'd be reading about how dwight is a game changer, i guess you need a public relations degree to be a write for espn.

Changing the game

It's great what Russell did but just imagine Dwight playing against old school white guys in short shorts. It's ridiculous to think about. And about Duncan, I thnk Dwight actually makes someone like Lebron think twice while Lebron just goes straight at Tim and the dunk is still in the dunk highlight reels.

It's just a poor argument to compare Dwight the way they have because they don't account at all for the time period he's playing in and the effect he has in not just blocking shots, but altering them or causing them to not even occur because of his presence.

I too would like to see Dwight block more of those shots inbounds to start the fast break. But then you'd stil run the risk of giving the other team a chance at an offensive rebound. I think it's just as important that the other team get the message the block out of bounds sends also.

why do we all get upset when ESPN bag the magic or any one who plays for the magic?

they have been doing it for years do you really think they are going to change.