Sign in to follow this  
iTs JUST zo

Scotty Pippen disses Dwight..

What Scotty Pippen doesn't realize is that we don't need Dwight to dominate in the 4th quarter EVERY game. We have so much talent on this team that Dwight can dominate in the first half, and someone like Vince can take over in the 4th quarter. Not only that; Dwight can practically be absent from a game (due to foul trouble) and we can STILL beat most of the elite teams in the NBA.

On that note, did he not watch the Boston Game (Game #3 against them this season) where Dwight simply BEASTED in the 4th quarter to get us the lead? Dwight can be a machine if he wants to.

The problem is that it's extremely hard for Howard to get aggressive early because the refs constantly call him for both phantom and ticky tack fouls. He wouldn't last till the 4th quarter if that was the case.

The problem I have with these guys criticizing Howard is that they watch ONE game, and all of a sudden, they know how Dwight's career is going to turn out. If you've watched all the games since the All-Star Break, and you can't make the comment about Dwight "not being a great scorer". You would simply be lying and hating at the same time.

It's simply ludicrous. Pippen, although a VERY respectable basketball player, has decided to join the "hate on Dwight club after watching one game".

It's kind of sad really. But what can you do?

On that note, the hilarity of the article is in this sentence:

The NBA is obviously all about scoring points and being a shooter. Even if ever other facet of your game is incredible, it doesn't matter if you don't score 25 points a game; you simply can't be a great player.

duh

quote:
The NBA is obviously all about scoring points and being a shooter. Even if ever other facet of your game is incredible, it doesn't matter if you don't score 25 points a game; you simply can't be a great player.

duh

I was wondering the same the other day...

But then I remembered that Nash won 2 MVPs, and he has never been known as a top scorer.

Dwight is averaging 18pts a game, while dominating the league in Boards and Blocks. I dont know how many did Nash averaged when he was selected, but I assume it was not more than 21-22 per game.

So I dont know if it is about undermining scorers, or undermining everything that comes from Orlando. It is unbelievable that the guy that is about to break a League Record like that is not being regarded as Top3 in the MVP Race, with Kobe and LeBron. He is way better than Durant, Nowitzki and all the others, and I wonder why doesnt anybody see that.

who doesn't need another superstar in today's league? Kobe is sitting in LA with a "supporting cast" that includes Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Ron Artest, and Andrew Bynum.

Really - we all know where Dwight's game is flawed. And with that being said - he had his team in the Finals @ 23. So to say what he won't do at this point is a little presumptuous.

I don't mind Dwight being critiqued. He needs it. But these people need to get off their talking points.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

duh

Dwight did average over 25 a game when he lead our team to the Finals like nine months ago.

Because being a Magic-hater is the thing to do. Sometimes you have to prove, silencing all doubt, that you're deserving of praise. It's disheartening to hear yet another dis against Orlando (especially Dwight), but the best we can hope for, for what we know as a very special Orlando Magic team, is that they ride these comments all the way to the trophy. Fuel for the fire.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

duh

It's the way the NBA is sold these days. Was Bill Russel a dominant low post scorer who could score consistently in the paint in crunch time? How many rings he got? People talk about Kobe's game winning shots, but what about Dwight's game saving blocks, defensive plays or rebounds? Those aren't talked about. i can't remember how many times we've seen him make game winning plays on the defensive end, but those don't count right? Dwight may never be a guy who you can throw the ball to with five seconds left on the clock to make a play, but is there anyone else i'd rather have defending the hoop when Kobe, Bron or Dwade needs a basket at the end of the game? HELL NO! I wan't Dwight to score more and be a better free throw shooter, but there is no denying that this kid can and will lead us to a title, even if he never gets a more polished offensive game. I belive it was Dennis Rodman who said:

rip hamilton, paul pierce, manu ginobili.... are such BIG SUPERstars... (cough)

with their near unstoppable 4th quarter scoring, its no wonder how they ever won a ring...

maybe cause BB is a team sport??? oh thats right.

Pippen played basically his entire career with the best player of all time. of course he's gonna think it takes a superstar scorer to win everytime.