Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hi-Top

Deja Vu All Over Again

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Look at the Jazz in the playoff odds. Can anyone see what is particularly interesting with them?

Not sure cause I'm a little sleep deprived but are you pointing out the highest strength of schedule of all the elite teams?

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicNumber:

Yeah, i wouldn't be worrying too much if i was a Nets fan. That team is NOT as horrible as their record indicates. They have an all star PG a really solid C that could develop into an all star and solid young players like Lee and Yi. Not to mention the possibility of a number 1 pick and a top free agent this summer. I would rather be a Nets fan than a Boston fan at this point, one can only go up the other is in for a fast and ugly decline into lottery town.

Lopez is a bigger all-star than Harris would ever be, even if he hasn't actually played in the all-star game and Harris has.

Well thats actually even better for them then, a good center is a key piece for a good team and the hardest one to find in the current NBA.

Originally posted by Ramsde68:

Lopez on the other hand. That guy is a beast. With such a lack of true big men in the league today you could honestly say he is already the second best center in the league (I'm not counting Amare as a center).

Bogut.

quote:

Look at the Jazz in the playoff odds. Can anyone see what is particularly interesting with them?

Im going with the fact that they have an 8.5% chance of winning the lottery.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicNumber:

Yeah, i wouldn't be worrying too much if i was a Nets fan. That team is NOT as horrible as their record indicates. They have an all star PG a really solid C that could develop into an all star and solid young players like Lee and Yi. Not to mention the possibility of a number 1 pick and a top free agent this summer. I would rather be a Nets fan than a Boston fan at this point, one can only go up the other is in for a fast and ugly decline into lottery town.

This is sheer ignorance.

Joel (Philly via Youngstown)

Help me to understand the Cavs' #4 power ranking. Best record. Best margin. 5-2 vesus the top 3. 14 wins in last 17 games. What am I missing?

John Hollinger (12:19 PM)

Yep, this is an odd one. Basically, Cleveland hasn't played as difficult a schedule as L.A.., who has about the same scoring margin. And Cleveland's last 25% of games aren't nearly as impressive as Orlando's or Utah's. So they rank behind all three right now. The other important thing, however, is to look at the rating number at the left -- Cleveland is within a point of No. 1 L.A. Not a lot separates these four teams right now.

quote:
Originally posted by stealthtt24:

quote:

Im going with the fact that they have an 8.5% chance of winning the lottery.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

It's that they have a decent shot at a lottery pick because they have the Knicks unprotected 1st.

Yes, and yes. What a great position to be in.

quote:
Originally posted by Throw Up:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

Lopez on the other hand. That guy is a beast. With such a lack of true big men in the league today you could honestly say he is already the second best center in the league (I'm not counting Amare as a center).

Bogut.

MOAR LIEK FLOPGUT AMIRITE