Sign in to follow this  
star_phenom35

Who's left??? Running out of options

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

Laimbeer is looking better and better. Anyone who can take Darko and Dwight under their wing.

How is he looking better??? To me, the only thing he can bring is toughness to the team... I honestly dont know about Laimbeer... Right now i'm on the Carlisle train

I found a page showing all of the NBA free agent coaches still available except for Rick Adelman who is still listed as available on there... check it out FREE AGENT COACHES PAGE

Wait a second.... who's that with the 2nd winningest record there??? OHhh it happens to be RICK CARLISLE!!!!! at 57.3%

1. Laimbeer

2. Carlisle

3. Donovan

but its only matter of taste, if you want somebody with fresh mind, then Donovan or Laimbeer would be good choices,

and if you want somebody experienced, then Carlisle is best choice by far

Carlisle is not the answer. He runs the same slow-paced disaster of an offense that Bhill runs. But our options are getting fewer and fewer. And I can't help but think that a lot of that has to do with the fact that it took us three friggin weeks to fire our coach....

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

Carlisle is not the answer. He runs the same slow-paced disaster of an offense that Bhill runs. But our options are getting fewer and fewer. And I can't help but think that a lot of that has to do with the fact that it took us three friggin weeks to fire our coach....

Carlisle is the best coach available right now... what the hell do you guys want??? A robot??? C'mon be realistic here... the guy has been coaching for 6 years and made the playoff in 5 of them... he has a winning record of above .500 and it wasnt his fault that his everyone on his team was injured and he had to play all 5 positions this year...

And slow paced offense?? Jamaal Tinsley is out of shape and cannot run up-tempo, he's their PG... Reggie Miller was getting old at the time so he couldnt run... Jermaine O'Neal cannot run because his game is suited for a slow paced game. Let's face it, Carlisle made the best out of his team and had great success.

He's what we need and more.. He's hungry to win, he get along with most of his players, he's tough and defensive minded, young and he played parts in developing young guys like Dannt Granger, J. O'neal (when he came his game was expanded) and Jamaal Tinsley.

He's easily on top of my list with that kind of resume.

I like stan van gundy. I think he will keep our defense as one of the best in the leauge, develope our talent, and bring us a up tempo style. he showed with miami that he is more then capable of achieving this with a ball club.

I remember miami with a rookie wade and odom. Playing great d and running the ball up tempo in the playoffs. If he can get odom to play defense and at his best, what can he do for our talent?

If Donovan signs with Florida my new list looks like this...

1.) Stan Van Gundy

2.) Rick Carlisle

3.) Bill Laimbeer

4.) P.J. Carlesimo

5.) European

rick c. was a player and is well respected. what happened in indy was not his fault. he is the best of what is left and will be a good mix for our young group.jacklj

1. Rick Carlisle

2. Stan Van Gundy

3. Bill Laimbeer

4. Live or Die Magic

5. Uhm.....me?

35. Stuff

36. PJ Carlismo

1057. Larry Brown