Sign in to follow this  
IronMaiden

Pietrus went from hero to zero in fans eyes pretty quick

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

I don't know who it was, maybe Jareth, but someone says his shots have been huge momentum killers. Which I agree with. Last year in the playoffs he was makign them though and they were huge momentum gainers. He was so key in that Cleveland series. I feel like if he doesn't play well we can't beat them.

That was me. And I just feel that he is now hurting this team on offense so much that his defense simply cant make up for it any more. He can still play a part, lord knows we will need him come the playoffs against guys like Johnson, Wade, Pierce, James, and heck even *gulp* Hedo. But unless he can be reigned in on Offense then its time to start cutting his minutes.

Heck have SVG put him on a no 3 point shot rule or something. Or start learning from Barnes. Barnes struggled from the three early and decided he would start being a slasher period.

First off, I would like to say that he really needs to cut his hair. I wouldn't be surprised if it was itchy and difficult to clean.

The thought of Pietrus even attempting threes makes me cringe. The guy just doesn't make them with the will he did last season. This year, he's trying to be a different player. It seems like he thinks he's Kobe. He tries all he does during pre game warm ups is take bad shots.

He has the worst shot selection on the entire roster. If there was a stat for a player who shoots the ball before the Shot clock hits 20 seconds, I bet he would be number one on our team or in the NBA. I honestly didn't mind of this guy got traded before the trade deadline.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

He just needs to change his shot attempts, maybe some mid range jumpers.

Nah pretty sure his hair is keeping him off balance.

Case and Point:

94993c871c630084a141633.jpg

and

r2652125021.jpg

Compare this with

Pietrus.jpg

and

NBA+Finals+Game+1+Orlando+Magic+v+Los+Angeles+5CFXE1drXOMl.jpg

problem lies with the shooting sleeve

quote:
He can still play a part, lord knows we will need him come the playoffs against guys like Johnson, Wade, Pierce, James, and heck even *gulp* Hedo.

Did I miss last year's playoffs, or do I remember Hedo not contributing THAT much on offense, while Lewis was an offense beast?

Sorry, but this over-hyping of Hedo really kills me. Yes, he was a good play-maker. That's about it. Other than that, his shot selection is much more difficult than the one's Vince takes.

quote:
problem lies with the shooting sleeve

Touche.

I think Barnes makes him expandable, I like Barnes a little more because he knows his limits and doesn't try to force bad shots. Even though he's a worse shooter than Pietrus.

But if MP stopped forcing shots and stepping out of bounds/traveling I'd be 100% fine with him.

as long as he shows up to the playoffs he can suck eggs for all I care. Even if he contributes half as much last playoffs i'm on board.

and that fros gotta go. or maybe he should braid it, CORNROWS dawg. I'd like to see MP with braids.

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

He is pretty confident with his contested and fade away threes, funny thing is a lot of those garbage threes were going in last playoffs.

Everytime he shot i cursed but then had a smile on my face.