Sign in to follow this  
ucfknights22

Playoff Seeding

We need to just grab the 2nd spot and guaranteed ourselves homecourt advantage in the 2nd round.

We already own the tiebreaker over Atl and Boston for winning the season series over both.

The way Boston is going we are likely going to get Atlanta in the 2nd round. We pretty much own them the same way Detroit used to own us.

Baring any major injuries we should get Cleveland in a Conference Finals re-match.

I would absolutely love Boston to play Cleveland in the second round.

7 games of Keith Bogans defense and quadruple overtimes.

yeah if you look at the 2008 playoffs in the west, the hornets were a 2 seed while the spurs were a 3 seed despite being in the same divisions.

so I guess I kinda get that mixed up. I'd *LOVE* to see the Celtics face the Cavs in the first round instead of us. They don't get a cakewalk like they did last year, and I actually think that series would go pretty evenly.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

yeah if you look at the 2008 playoffs in the west, the hornets were a 2 seed while the spurs were a 3 seed despite being in the same divisions.

so I guess I kinda get that mixed up. I'd *LOVE* to see the Celtics face the Cavs in the first round instead of us. They don't get a cakewalk like they did last year, and I actually think that series would go pretty evenly.

Second round.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

Ideally, if we can catch LA that would be more important than getting the east 1 seed. At this point it seems more realistic, too.

I completely agree. Seeing any West team in the playoffs would be the ultimate goal and setting yourself up for the best matchups in the 2nd round would help tremendously for staying fresh through the playoffs. Then again, we had the hardest path through the east last year and we still got to the finals. So lets ask for solid play first, then good matchups.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

Ideally, if we can catch LA that would be more important than getting the east 1 seed. At this point it seems more realistic, too.

i agree id rather play the efc on the road and have the west winner come to us for the finals.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

The NBA announced the current revised playoff seeding system on August 3, 2006. Some consider the current system to be flawed: If two teams who are not division winners have identical records, one can gain an inflated seeding by moving into the top four seeding based solely on tiebreakers.

An example of this criticism arose in the very first season with the new system. As of April 17, 2007 with one regular season game remaining, the Chicago Bulls and Cleveland Cavaliers possessed identical 49-32 records, better than both the Toronto Raptors and Miami Heat who had already clinched their respective divisions. Due to favorable tie-breakers, Chicago would have been seeded second, while Cleveland would have been seeded no higher than fifth.

Under the previous seeding system, the division winners (Detroit, Toronto and Miami) would have earned the top three seeds, while Chicago and Cleveland would have earned the fourth and fifth seeds respectively. - Wikipedia

The top four seeds will be the three division winners plus the team with the next best record. - http://www.nba.com/features/seedingprimer07.html

Echo would be right. We face Boston anyway.

.. However, that link also mentions this:

Those four will be ordered by record (and tiebreakers if needed), so it's possible that two teams in the same division could hold the top two spots, with the other two division winners at Nos. 3 and 4.

No, I was wrong, and so are you. lol

Assuming that Cleveland, Orlando, and Boston win their divisions, and Atlanta has the third best record in the East (behind Orlando and Cleveland, but better or tied with Boston), then chances are, Boston and Cleveland face off in the second round, while we draw Atlanta and they give up all hope somewhere prior to tipoff of game one.

I believe this is a first. Someone actually admitted that they were wrong, and didn't argue for 5 pages that they were right. I am shocked, though not entirely, because in reading your posts you are one of the sane 5%.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

The NBA announced the current revised playoff seeding system on August 3, 2006. Some consider the current system to be flawed: If two teams who are not division winners have identical records, one can gain an inflated seeding by moving into the top four seeding based solely on tiebreakers.

An example of this criticism arose in the very first season with the new system. As of April 17, 2007 with one regular season game remaining, the Chicago Bulls and Cleveland Cavaliers possessed identical 49-32 records, better than both the Toronto Raptors and Miami Heat who had already clinched their respective divisions. Due to favorable tie-breakers, Chicago would have been seeded second, while Cleveland would have been seeded no higher than fifth.

Under the previous seeding system, the division winners (Detroit, Toronto and Miami) would have earned the top three seeds, while Chicago and Cleveland would have earned the fourth and fifth seeds respectively. - Wikipedia

The top four seeds will be the three division winners plus the team with the next best record. - http://www.nba.com/features/seedingprimer07.html

Echo would be right. We face Boston anyway.

.. However, that link also mentions this:

Those four will be ordered by record (and tiebreakers if needed), so it's possible that two teams in the same division could hold the top two spots, with the other two division winners at Nos. 3 and 4.

No, I was wrong, and so are you. lol

Assuming that Cleveland, Orlando, and Boston win their divisions, and Atlanta has the third best record in the East (behind Orlando and Cleveland, but better or tied with Boston), then chances are, Boston and Cleveland face off in the second round, while we draw Atlanta and they give up all hope somewhere prior to tipoff of game one.

I believe this is a first. Someone actually admitted that they were wrong, and didn't argue for 5 pages that they were right. I am shocked, though not entirely, because in reading your posts you are one of the sane 1 %.

Fixed it for you.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

I believe this is a first. Someone actually admitted that they were wrong, and didn't argue for 5 pages that they were right. I am shocked, though not entirely, because in reading your posts you are one of the sane 5%.

I'm curious as to what color I would be shaded on your pie chart.