quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

I'm going to get blasted....but I like JWill more than Jameer. This team would benefit so much with a real PG and JWill is the closest thing to a real PG. The thing I love the most about his game is the fact he hardly ever turns over the ball while Jameer is good for a handful of them a night. Too bad he's old as dirt.

I don't think we'll win a championship with either starting, I hope we look to replace Jameer in the future.

The only thing JWill has over Jameer is his assist to turnover ratio. That's it.

And that is a very important factor!!!...Especially the turnover thing...just read Stan's comments in the article that started this thread.

Look, I can't speak for others but I'm not trying to say Jason Williams should be the man...everybody knows he can't handle big minutes.

But what if we had a PG that played like J. Will but was younger?

I hope the organization takes that into consideration moving forward...I just don't have faith or confidence in Nelson to take us to the promised land...and especially since he hasn't been healthy since last February.

Jameer Nelson's TOV% = 15.4

Jason William's TOV% = 15.4

TOV% = an estimate of turnovers per 100 plays.

Why does everyone ignore DOM whenever he points these things out?

Why does everyone keep ignoring the posters who question whether Nelson will ever be healthy again and or playing consistently?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm going to get blasted....but I like JWill more than Jameer. This team would benefit so much with a real PG and JWill is the closest thing to a real PG. The thing I love the most about his game is the fact he hardly ever turns over the ball while Jameer is good for a handful of them a night. Too bad he's old as dirt.

I don't think we'll win a championship with either starting, I hope we look to replace Jameer in the future.

The only thing JWill has over Jameer is his assist to turnover ratio. That's it.

And that is a very important factor!!!...Especially the turnover thing...just read Stan's comments in the article that started this thread.

Look, I can't speak for others but I'm not trying to say Jason Williams should be the man...everybody knows he can't handle big minutes.

But what if we had a PG that played like J. Will but was younger?

I hope the organization takes that into consideration moving forward...I just don't have faith or confidence in Nelson to take us to the promised land...and especially since he hasn't been healthy since last February.

Jameer Nelson's TOV% = 15.4

Jason William's TOV% = 15.4

TOV% = an estimate of turnovers per 100 plays.

Why does everyone ignore DOM whenever he points these things out?

Why does everyone keep ignoring the posters who question whether Nelson will ever be healthy again and or playing consistently?

Because you can't predict injuries.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Here's the question:

What exactly does Jason Williams do so much better than Jameer?

He pushes the ball, plain and simple. This team thrives off of tempo, getting out on the break or getting into our offense before defenses get set allows us to get better shots. Jameer has been guilty of walking the ball up the court nearly all season. Maybe this can be blamed on his bum wheel, or maybe it's just not in his nature to be anything more than a half-court, shoot first PG. Whatever the case, our offense is much more smooth and effortless when JWill is directing the flow.

Moving here since there are two separate threads for virtually the same topic.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Jameer's injury history is scary, and gets magnified further by how well the Magic play in his absence. As much as Jammer means to the current and future success of this team, it simply can't be ignored that the Magic have played at a very high level without him in two consecutive seasons, while replacing hom with two PGs on the downside of their careers.

quote:
Once a team establishes themselves as perrenial championship contender, regular season record doesn't matter much to me. In other words, the Magic team identity/reputation last year wasn't built upon what they accomplished before the all-star break. They are now viewed as a contender because of everything they did after that point, most notably the postseason (when the games are much more highly contested and meaningful), and they did that without Jameer.

Had Jameer stayed healthy??? Seems we may be asking ourselves that question annually.

Don't get me wronf though. I'm not questioning Jameer's importance to this team. But, it certainly has to be put into context, especially when there is very little, if no dropoff in team performance when he is replaced by Skip to My Lou and White Chocolate (5 years past their prime).

Jameer is too short, injury prone, and was only named an all-star because he made lucky shots for 41 games. Also, Vince Carter is old, Matt Barnes is just a wanna be basketball playing football player, Dwight Howard has no post moves, and Rashard Lewis takes too many threes.

The Magic will never win anything, also because Stan Van Gundy likes to panic when games are on the line.

Did I mention I'm not being sarcastic at all when I post this, because this is all serious business. This discussion is about voicing your honest opinion, and that is mine!

quote:

quote:

Jwill avg 4.1 APG for 23 mins, Nelson avg 4.7 APG for 28 mins. It's clearly that Jwill has the better assit number.

Percentage wise, Jwill has both 2% and 3% better.

Jwill has better AST-Turnover ratio. Even better steals and blocks per game.

Overall Nelson hasn't done anything better than Jwilll

to me consistent is giving the same effort every night and producing results from a standard that said indivual has come to be expected of. for example with kobe you know he comes to play and most alway does what it takes to win. i think this team is starting to get the idea. winning night in and night out in the nba is very hard. i hope that helps dom from someone who knows nothing about basketball.

Nelson is the best PG on this team when he is healthy, people arguing that J-Will is better have no clue. Now don't get me wrong I don't think Meer is some great player, him making the All-star team was a fluke. I do think we could win a ring with him healthy if we put a player next to him who could run the offense more and let him play off the ball more. The Lakers win with Fisher so it can be done, we just need to build a team to support his weaknesses, unfortunately we haven't done a great job at that

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

Nelson is the best PG on this team when he is healthy, people arguing that J-Will is better have no clue. Now don't get me wrong I don't think Meer is some great player, him making the All-star team was a fluke. I do think we could win a ring with him healthy if we put a player next to him who could run the offense more and let him play off the ball more. The Lakers win with Fisher so it can be done, we just need to build a team to support his weaknesses, unfortunately we haven't done a great job at that

Ever think maybe you haven't done a great job at that?