Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Wince Club

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

Vince has historically good clutch numbers, as well as playoff numbers.

I still think he's going to be special for us. Just wait. If he's not playing like I think he can at game 70 then I will abandon all hope.

Tough to teach old dogs new tricks. I think he'll learn. But he's old so the learning curve is a bit bigger.

That's what everyone's hoping. And really, a trade right now (unless it's a ridiculously good trade that would make the Gasol trade look like crap) is not going to help us. Carter needs to fit in with the team and get his shot going. Problem is, he's not going to be able to finish with a clogged lane and he can't get ref calls to save his life. He's so slow on the drives it makes me wonder if this is how it's going to be all year or if he's just saving his legs come playoff time.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

Vince has historically good clutch numbers, as well as playoff numbers.

I still think he's going to be special for us. Just wait. If he's not playing like I think he can at game 70 then I will abandon all hope.

Tough to teach old dogs new tricks. I think he'll learn. But he's old so the learning curve is a bit bigger.

That's what everyone's hoping. And really, a trade right now (unless it's a ridiculously good trade that would make the Gasol trade look like crap) is not going to help us. Carter needs to fit in with the team and get his shot going. Problem is, he's not going to be able to finish with a clogged lane and he can't get ref calls to save his life. He's so slow on the drives it makes me wonder if this is how it's going to be all year or if he's just saving his legs come playoff time.

I agree with you here, but if you look closely, his first step is still pretty explosive, but because his jumper isn't falling, defenders are giving him about 5-6 inches that they normally wouldn't and because of that, that first step isn't creating as much space as it normally would.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

hes still got all the same talent.

just not fitting in right. It's not hard to tell he doesnt get this offense yet.

You cant go from 20/5/5 on 39% 3, 45% fg, all while being double teamed, on the worst team in Basketball.

To whatever he's doing now.

It's either the pressure, or just not feeling comfortable in the offense.

I still think he'll redeem himself. He's showed a lotta flashes of greatness at times.

Dude you need to give up, the guy is garbage. He is having a negative impact on this team and he is problem. When he is on the bench the team looks better, Shard and Dwight should be getting the shots.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicCarter15:

Orlando sistem is crap only shooting threes. i wish carter was still in new jersey or in cleveland wit lebron.

Well we have something in common if he was in NJ well he wouldn't be here. If he was with Bron they would have a worse record than us, it's a win win. You know that VC has been a 3 point shooter for awhile now right?

quote:
Originally posted by MagicCarter15:

Orlando sistem is crap only shooting threes. i wish carter was still in new jersey or in cleveland with lebron.

I do too. Cleveland's GM is too smart to sign Carter. You are right if Carter was still in NJ uniform, Magic would win a lot more games.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Honestly, I feel for Vince. Dude is trying, he just can't get it going. I really sympathize for him right now.

Well, he can still redeem himself in the playoffs.

trying To kill this team maybe, but he doesn't look like he's trying to be a productive member of the squad. 21 sec left on the shot clock; throw up 27ft 3 or out of control turn around. Wince is TRYING to make hedo look like MJ and make otis regret trading for him.

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

why do you morons keep bashing vince.......he was playing great earlier in the year, and he's been battling injuries.....hes clearly not healthy, but magic fans know everything....

See Hollinger, John's article...